• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Maintenance @ 1500?

bodom

Getting RIPPED
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So i know it sounds far fetched and crazy. And thats why Im kind of skeptical...

Ive been eating around 1300-1500 calories a day and i know thats way under what i should but im still not loosing any weight at all.

I lift heavy and run 3 days a week.

Ive tried taking a break for a week.

And i need to cut before summer some more so im thinking i might go back to cardio everday for 45mns a session.

Any suggestions for breaking this plateau?

ATM i am 200-203lbs about 13% bf and by june i want to be around 180 and 10% bf.

You seem awfuly active...maybe your body is telling you to up the calories a few hundred calories.

What are your macros? Foods consumed? Are you eating lean proteins, solid foods as opposed to just shakes and supps?

Last edited:
If you weight and bf are correct, then those arnt your maint. cals. Are you weighing your food or eye-balling?

Due to some freak of nature and that is your maint. you should go and have your thyroid checked.

but less calories shuold still mean weight loss shouldnt it?

Macros remodeled after not loosing weight last week

100grams protein
150 grams carb
30 grams fat

*not worried about protein and keeping muscle because i lost barely any of it on my previous cut

lots of lean proteins like chicken turkey and stuff, i still dont understand how eating more calories will help me loose weight? i tried, i failed... also scared that if i up calories more i will gain weight...

but less calories shuold still mean weight loss shouldnt it?

Macros remodeled after not loosing weight last week

100grams protein
150 grams carb
30 grams fat

*not worried about protein and keeping muscle because i lost barely any of it on my previous cut

lots of lean proteins like chicken turkey and stuff, i still dont understand how eating more calories will help me loose weight? i tried, i failed... also scared that if i up calories more i will gain weight...

How do you track the number of calories you consume daily? Write them down? Fitday.com?

read the nutrition labels and count them.

the only meal i cannot measure prefectly is school lunch, and i guess on the higher end just to be safe

Last edited:
At this point, im stumped. I would shoot Built a message, for she knows how to break through any weight loss problems. Or leave this thread open for comments- which will come in sooner than later.

Usually when the body stops losing weight, you are eating to much- which is DEFINATELY not your case, if in fact, your macros and calorie counting are correct

OR

You need to change up your routine- weights, cardio-aspects of those two, as well as diet possibly. Others here may also help
you with this.

My train of thought is- the more you eat, the more your body will burn- keeping in mind that you are very active and lift heavy weights (as you do). That is why I consume more protein, and fats, so that the body does not burn as much of my lean muscle mass.

thats the thing tho i have switched my routine

i went from being a supernoob doing meaningless exercises 3 times a week all the same lifts every day! now i have a decent 3 day split and i switched from cardio on the elliptical to cardio on a treadmill

thanks for your input so far i hope i can get to the bottom of it... ill pm built to take a look at this and anyone elses help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I wish I knew what to do here but other than taking a prolonged diet break, gradually easing the calories up, I don't know what to suggest.

Have you seen your doctor? I'd ask for a thyroid test if I were you.

IML Gear Cream!
ughh this is so lame...

next time i go i will, meanwhile i need to think about what to do.

I would ease the calories up, slowly, while increasing your activity level, a little.

You need a diet break.

Meanwhile please book an appointment with your doctor, okay?

alright ill try that

i would have said maybe you're putting on muscle and burning equivalent in fat but thats not possible :hmmm:

are you looking better?? Sometimes the scales lie depending how much you've eaten (or shat), how much water you're retaining etc.

Are you on creatine?

not on creatine and over the past 2 and 1/2 weeks i look about the same maybe a little better

Are you weighing yourself in the morning every day or being consistent on weigh ins? Are you actually using a food scale?

weigh myself every morning a the same time and i measure my food according to the labels

Could be a hormonal problem. I'd take Built's advice and see the MD and get some blood work done.

could be an estrogen problem.......BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT

Be honest with yourself, do you do 1500 cals a day for like two weeks straight wihtout any cheat meals or do you just count the calories you want to count....do you have a cheat meal a few times a week? Do you sometimes have those leftover that are just irresistable after your mom makes something you dont eat and just dont count that little bowl to your total cals???

I did those little things that i would never count and then wondered why im not loosing weight on a cut...

IML Gear Cream!
At 200lbs and eating 1300-1500 cals per day - man that is discipline, I could not sustain that for more than a few days without going crazy.

Im 165lbs and find it challenging sticking to 2000-2200 cals.

1500 cals is not a great deal of food, as QuestionGuy stated are you sure you are not just counting the cals you want to count?

Could somebody please explain the importance of the thyroid here? I keep seeing people post "go get your thyroid checked out" with no explanation as to why.

KY

could be an estrogen problem.......BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT

Be honest with yourself, do you do 1500 cals a day for like two weeks straight wihtout any cheat meals or do you just count the calories you want to count....do you have a cheat meal a few times a week? Do you sometimes have those leftover that are just irresistable after your mom makes something you dont eat and just dont count that little bowl to your total cals???

I did those little things that i would never count and then wondered why im not loosing weight on a cut...

No man im all business right here on occasion i get that urge and yes i indulge maybe have a cookie or 2 but i incorporate that into the 1500, so then i would cut back more for dinner and what not

Cals too low and the metabolism is like eff youright now.

haha that made me lol
ill try a fitday thing tomorrow and post it up right when i get home from school

Something's wrong here. My GF eats 1500/day and is losing weight. When we started tracking her kcals she was eating like 1000kcals/day at most (she averaged like 900/day). We started bumping her up slowly, mostly due to her not being able to actually eat that much real food and now she's at about 1300-1500/day (which I feel is still too little for her but we're making progress slowly but surely) and she has lost 10 lbs. It was really unexpected for me, I planned on getting her to 1800 for a couple of weeks then dropping kcals for some weight loss, but she jumped on a scale one random morning and reported the weight loss. Plus her jeans are becoming loose, people are making comments etc.

Go to 2500 kcals/day for atleast 7 days (I'd personally give it like 2 weeks), if you are training properly you won't gain fat in such a short period. From there drop down to 2000'ish and you'll start dropping the fat.

If you're maint. is really that low, you should be checked out by an MD. Are you tired often, are you frequently cold? It could very well be a thyroid issue, but I think its probably a mix of improper calorie tracking plus a low intake for a long time = metabolism in the shitter.

I like your idea, Yanick - I'm thinking "lean on the carbs" for those couple of weeks, to stimulate leptin/thyroid. Thoughts?

Yeah they're right, man. I've had that problem before...your metabolism is kinda jacked right now. These guys know their shit!

'Sokay. At least you KNOW!

Could somebody please explain the importance of the thyroid here? I keep seeing people post "go get your thyroid checked out" with no explanation as to why.

KY

Quick answer: the thyroid produces certain hormones (T3/T4) that regulate metabolism. A thyroid dysfunction can cause those hormone levels to plummet, taking your metabolism with them.

To the OP: are you ensuring that you're getting adequate iodine as well? A simple multivitamin or salting your food with normal iodized salt answers that, but it's worth asking.

Back