• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training around a back injury

IML Gear Cream!
I had a back pain couple of years ago doing the DB Rows. I think one should consider talking to their physician before trying these.

10 MINUTES WITH INVERSION BOOTS and stabilization exercices perform 4 times a week no other training that this around 2 months 4 maybe if it s a bad condition on the discs that you can squat again the problem will still be ( 10% will not be anymore) there on the discs but after doing this you will be able to transfer the weight you are lifting proportional to the disc surface

Straight back to the gym last night, after he for about two weeks due to having in my lower left back a muscular significantly. A doctor prescribed me muscle relaxants and gave me permission to use the gym on Thursday, a backup copy. I have that working around the taking, indicating that the squat and dead are out for a while.
I have the legs until the next day and I am looking recommendations on how it all into practice what to quantify the damage. 'M Thinking of doing the squat break, since no, I to have the stability of body weight in my return.
Any idea?

[h=1]Sildenafil Oral Jelly[/h]

I have the bottom 3 discs dislocated, one of them is inpinching a nerve that runs down my leg so on cardio days my leg will start burning and then go numb. My leg work outs are light for the most part except for leg press where I go heavy as hell because is my first exercise after that is moderated weight but squeezing good on every rep and watching my form. And I work legs twice a week.

And no belt, I notice that my back got weaker wearing it.

Since I am not there and don't know your specific case, I'll be general and tell you the recommendations I give my clients with disc pathologies:

1) Take out flexion based exercise - crunches, bilateral deadlifts, bent over rows, exercises performed in a seated position (seated rows, seated pulldowns, etc).

2) Work on stability - planks, side planks, 1-leg glute bridge (hug the other knee towards the chest), half kneeling chops and lifts, dead bugs, bird dogs, etc..

3) For upper body pull movements get off the seated exercises. Instead, do things like standing 1-arm cable rows, half kneeling 1-arm cable rows, half kneeling 1-arm pulldowns, inverted rows

4) Train the legs with unilateral movements - split squats, step back lunges, step ups, 1-leg/1-arm RDL, lateral lunge - make sure to perform the exercises properly to develop effective movement patterns/strategies that are spine sparing and allow for proper hip movement.

5) Work on hip mobility. Spare the spine by developing proper hip mobility (this is something I just talked about in my blog). Typically people compensate for crappy hip mobility (and crappy ankle mobility) by increasing lumbar mobility. We want lumbar stability!

6) Don't do things that hurt.

7) When performing stability exercises like planks, don't get all caught up in trying to hold a 60sec side plank. If you don't develop proper endurance in those muscles first, then you will compensate in order to try and hold the plank for that length of time and the form will go to hell. Instead, use short holds and do reps. So, side planks for 5 could holds for 5 reps and slowly work up from there. Build endurance.

8) Use the foam roller on your hips to help clean up poor tissue quality and enhance movement.

hope that helps.

patrick

that's excellent info. I've got 2 herniated disks and this seems perfect.

ur blog link please....i trained my core for 2 weeks then my backpain started to be ok...then go sport massage...massuer told me tht my back,glutes n hamstring were so tight tht he was exhausted at he end of the session...mayb i will try use foam roller everyday for 15min to make it better...finger crossed..

I have seen that Layne Norton has been recovering from a herniated disk. He would be worth checking out as a lot of his exercise have been about rehab and building up the strength in his back. Seems to be doing a lot of core exercises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UjXEdoSzIE

In video he goes through some of the exercises he uses.

I do a lot of rowing and was finding my back was getting sore so incorporated some of these movements along with unilateral movements and it helped.

I sometimes put my workouts on Perfect Rower if you want to see.

Last edited:
Back