• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

recently unemployed=no gym..

CG

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So the short of it goes like this. Sweet job (which I loved) in business aviation working for a BIG name manufacturer (read the papers in the past few weeks? Think citigroup) and well my gym was there, so lose the job, lose the fringe benefits.. Now with just unemployment, and the ridiculous prices of gym memberships by me, wtf am I gonna do? HELP??

Hey man, sorry to hear about your unemployment.

In my new ebook I go over the details of setting up training programs, selecting exercise, cardio/interval training, training variables (sets, reps, rep tempo, rest interval, etc), movement planes, warm ups, foam rolling, stretching, etc and there are a ton of exercises and pictures.

I also wrote a chapter on exercising at home with minimal or no equipment.

Given your current state of unemployment, I will gladly send you a free copy if you PM me your email address.

Patrick

In my new ebook I go over the details of setting up training programs, selecting exercise, cardio/interval training, training variables (sets, reps, rep tempo, rest interval, etc), movement planes, warm ups, foam rolling, stretching, etc and there are a ton of exercises and pictures.

Given your current state of unemployment, I will gladly send you a free copy if you PM me your email address.

Patrick

Patrick, pm has been sent, I can't wait to give this a read.. I appreciate it so much bro. Thanks. Stuff like that is what keeps me around these boards, stand up guys like you that help out when they can.. Thanks again man. I really appreciate it

Honestly, my franchise has reasonable rates. They can be found all over the country. Theyre good, basic enough to get a good workout in and I usually charge for 36.95 for a single membership and 51.95 for a family. Look at Snap Fitness 24/7 Fitness Center

If this is too much for you perhaps a YMCA membership.

If you absolutely must workout at home with minimal $ money to spare, use stuff around the house: a mattress for benching, blocks for curling, cns with sand or dirt for added weight-be creative.

If you about 150.00 google a TRX system. I plan on putting one in my gym and use it for my clients and MMA fighters.

Finally, I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. I'd also think of going to a mom and pop joint gym and speaking to the owner. I've had several cases in which I work out a deal with these individuals because they came to me and asked. I got a guy who cleans my windows with newspaper and vinegar 2x a month. If youre honest, and ask to even barter for some type of service in lieu of paying for dues, I'm certain that you can make an arrangement.

Patrick
hey Funk-that was a cool move on your part. You're a good man.

hey Funk-that was a cool move on your part. You're a good man.

yeah, he is the best.. i jsut got around to reading it, and i have to say its some solid reads.. i will definitely reccomend this one to everyone... hopefully i can start employing this all tomorrow and see how i fare.. THANKS PATRICK! YOU ARE THE MAN!!

Hey, I know how you feel; except I'm unemployed and in college, but living with my mum. Not quite the same thing but my membership ran out and I need to save up for a new protein shake, new gym membership and patrick's book which might take me up to 1.5-2 months but atleast i'm eating and drinking and sleeping :D

good on ya patrick n juggernaut! gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside :D

Hey, I know how you feel; except I'm unemployed and in college, but living with my mum. Not quite the same thing but my membership ran out and I need to save up for a new protein shake, new gym membership and patrick's book which might take me up to 1.5-2 months but atleast i'm eating and drinking and sleeping :D

good on ya patrick n juggernaut! gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside :D

Ahh, well best of luck to you bro, doesn't your college gave a weight room/fittness center? I thought you were playing football over there too? As far as the protein goes, maybe look into lower price ranges with a similar profile.. What's your protiein of choice anyway? I always keep a ziplock bag (about 20 servings or so) and any free samples I get stashed in my kitchen incase I need some emergency back ups lol. I used to keep a few single serving packets as well as a shaker and 6 bottles of water in my trunk incase I ever got stranded.. Ok I like being prepared lol

See college here in the UK is like the stage before univeristy, so, yea I get £30 a week from the government but I spend £16 on bus fare alone, and any miscellaneous things like going to town, for a meal or cinema eat the rest up!
I go for a cheap(ish) brand called nutrisport which sells a 5kg tub of weight gainer for £29 or 45/50grams protein powder also 5kg(around 11b) for £49 which is isnt too bad. I need to find some of those free samples and just stockpile them lol

honestly, oats, peanut butter, cottage cheese, and some chocolate sauce work wonders. If you cant afford supps, just eat. Buy a reputable whey protein and use it sparingly.

IML Gear Cream!
go to trueprotein.com they offer free samples if you say you are interested in developing a protein. My son did this while in college. it worked. they sent him 3 lbs of frakin protein!

Back