NapsGear.net

Help with V-taper on a chick!!

Rep Points

Help with V-taper on a chick!!

Ok, since my two shows I have taken inventory on which parts need work. The owner of our gym (also an NPC judge, and national pairs bodybuilding champ) said I need to work on widening up my V taper for the show this fall. He said he and a couple of the other judges were talking and they said my back was awesome except I need some more width. He said I'm what the judges refer to as an H body type. In other words I don't have curves LOL....my rib cage, my waist, my hips, allll pretty much go straight down. I should probably be happy about that since I don't have a big ol' Bertha butt or saddle bags LOL, but regardless I need to widen that back up some to offset my H body type. I currently do wide grip pulldowns, close grip seated rows on the cables, dumb bell rows (recently added), 45 degree cable pull downs, and half deadlifts (also recently added). Not always all of those every workout or in that order.Anyone have anything good to add to these? I have gone up in my weights this week and I'm definately concentrating on good form, slow lift and release, and a good squeeze. Any suggestions would be great.
    Michaela
    "Growing old is mandatory, Growing UP is optional"

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Okay, yes, I can help.

First up, you will need to bulk, and that means eat at a surplus. Figure out how long you can bulk - if you can afford three months, that would help, a lot.

Second: you might do well to incorporate block training for six weeks, and I can help you with that. How about we do blocks with lats and delts - build up that width?

Third: your exercise selection. I'd ditch anything wider than shoulder, because it takes too much emphasis off the lat and places it on the rotator cuff. You'll grow better lats from shoulder-width or narrower.
    I'd ditch the seated rows, and incorporate heavy, "sloppy" t-bars instead. Give them momentum, you'll grow better.

Also, start doing one-arm dumbbell rows, and a favourite of mine, one arm at a time lat pulldowns. If you happen to have two cable stacks OR a hammerstrength lat pulldown, do them alternating arms like you're crawling up a wall. I call these spidermans.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

I got a punching bag hook at home. When my gym membership expires and I'm waiting to accumulate money for a new one, I usually use it for workouts. I get my Guitar strap, fold it so it's doubled, sling it over the hook and then do those close grip pull ups with my hands together. My lats have never grown or been hit so hard in my life.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What A Good Idea!!!

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Ok I need some clarification. On the grip, do you grab the strap with your palms facing away from you? or towards you like with chin ups. Chin ups I can crank out like crazy, but with my hands the othyer way...not so much.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Over or under doesn't matter, at least not much for this application. I want you to start doing them weighted, though. And if you have the option of doing a close parallel "neutral" grip, those are wonderful.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Rep Points

OHHHH!!! I can try that tomorrow!! GOD I am sooo addicted...I think it's an illness LOL!!!

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What macros are you running right now - you're quite lean at the moment. What do you weigh currently and how many calories are you eating?

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Rep Points

MAcro breakdown....I don't have exact figures on that. I stay high protein, low carb pretty much all the time. Just since this show and learning more have I added carbs like sweet potatoes(plain), oatmeal, etc into my diet. I eat no sugar, or vitually none. I currently weigh 113.5. I was 110 the morning of the show dehydrated. I will have to look at my average on my ipod program for cals a day, but I think it's around 1500 right now and I'm getting between 150-180 grams of protein a day. Diet was going to be my next questiuon for you!! LOL You must have ESP!! Sprry I didn't get a chance to call you today. I have to find out if Canada is on my long distance plan still.
    Michaela