• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How many of you guys

Use_somebody

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How many of you guy's actually note down how many reps and how much weight you use after every set..

I do, I have notebooks going back since the beginning of my training life( 10 years)

how are you going to break records that aren't set?

I don't care who you are, you aren't possibly going to remember exactly how many reps you performed for each set of each exercise for previous weeks

documenting your work is one of the best ways to ensure constant progress

I should but I don't. I generally maintain the same reps and sets for any given routine (6-8 weeks) so remembering how much weight I did the previous week isn't a huge issue.

I don't need to. I can't remember what my reps/sets were weeks ago, but I can remember what they were my last workout. That generally lets me gauge my progress.

I record EVERYTHING...Reps, type of work, weight...everything. I have an ipod touch with a nifty little program called Gym Buddy. I think it was 99 cents and it is wonderful!!

I record EVERYTHING...Reps, type of work, weight...everything. I have an ipod touch with a nifty little program called Gym Buddy. I think it was 99 cents and it is wonderful!!

I've seen that. Looks cool and may have to try it.
I might have to get out of the stone age and leave the pencil and paper home.:nerd:

IML Gear Cream!
I've seen that. Looks cool and may have to try it.
I might have to get out of the stone age and leave the pencil and paper home.:nerd:

I started using this for the last 4weeks, its pretty good in logging your workouts...some of the other stuffs like calculating volume, guesstimating
BF using the neck and hip ratio needs work...but for 99cents its ok and definetly replaces the notebooks :)

I dont because i find it awkward carrying a pen and paper to the gym and my mind is taken off working out when i start messing around with stuff like that, or talking to people.
I should. Maybe I should write my workout results after. But generally I do 3x8 for every exercise, except x15 for abs and x10 for calves and "feel" when it's time to increase the weight, because sometimes if you do it systematically it just doesnt work because it's too soon, or sometimes not soon enough.

How many of you that don't jot stuff down vary your routine?

One of the biggest pluses for me is if I see or learn something new I'll make a note of it for next weeks workout. Mental notes are great until I go to sleep...

One of the biggest pluses for me is if I see or learn something new I'll make a note of it for next weeks workout. Mental notes are great until I go to sleep...

i usually have a very good idea of what my work out will consist of however every week i will replace 1 or 2 lifts with other ones this way i am constantly hitting the muscles at different angles, i ma not to worried about measuring progress through reps reached , i feel a weight was to light i will increase it next week or next time i use this lift

i only judge strength progress through bench press, squat , and dead lifts the rest is purely visual evaluation of my own body

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't keep logs of all the workouts they do. I write down everything, sets, reps, poundages, how I feel that day and any aches or pains I might have that day. Usually I'll record what I have eaten also. It just makes sense to me.

I just have a very good memory. I remember how many reps and what weight I did each exercise cos I dont do too many. 5-6 each day 3x a week different muscles easy. I can even write down my last leg workout for you here if you like. I have photographic memory so I remember what the weights looked like and I can remember that way

I don't write things down after every set. I know what I'm planning to do before my workout so it's typically pretty easy to know what I did. I do keep track, but write it down later. As long as I record my workout that day, I don't have any problems remembering what sets, reps and weight I used for each excercise that day.

Back