• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Caloric Intake on Test Cycle

RoosterTX

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So,

I have decided on the advice of many to keep my cycle simple, I will be pinning 125mgs of sustanon 250 every other day, and will front load the cycle with dbol for the first three weeks at 30mg per day because of the relatively low levels of short acting esters. In addition I will take 300iu of HCG every 5 days. 10mg of nolva per day. The deca is out, who wants free deca I've got two vials I don't need. Seriously though don't PM me I'm not sending anyone free deca.

So the question is how do I recalibrate my caloric intake, I would like to minimize fat gains.

Current stats:

5 10.5"
BF 9.3% (as of today)

I will be using p/rr/s 2 on 1 off. Will utilize two days of HIIT per week, one run one swim, and one longer lower intensity run/swim per week 4miles/1mile respectively.

I'd like to gain at least 15 pounds of lean body mass, so the question is...

HOW MANY CALS PER DAY SHOULD I TAKE IN GIVEN THE PARAMETERS/STATS/CYCLE LISTED

I calculate my maintainence cals around 3400 per day at current

How long of a cycle are you expecting to run? Looks like you will be taking in about 437.5mg per week of Sustanon on average. Might I suggest 150mg if you can measure it out? Under 500mg per week doesn't seem to do too much.

Either way 3400 calories per day including exercise or excluding? On average people say you can gain around 1-2lbs of lean muscle per week on steroids, from what I've heard depending on experience. So being that 1 pound equals 3500 calories, I would say bump up your calories 500 - 1000 calories over your maintenance levels (including calories burnt doing exercise). And you should put on a good 1-2lbs of muscle per week. If you are running a 12 week cycle, I see no reason why this can't be done. I know alot of people say eat 5000 - 7000 calories daily for steroids, but you will tend to put on some fat doing that, and being you want to stay lean, I would say probably closer to 4000 or 4500 if you didn't include your exercise as part of your daily caloric maintenance. Best of luck!

Last edited:
The cycle will consist of 5000mg total, so the last injection would be on the last day of week 12. Thanks for the advice on the dosing I will take it into consideration. I think it may be very difficult to measure out 150mg out of a 250amp. Maybe I can add in an oral daily to supplement. Anythoughts, considering I will be frontloading dbol because of the low volume of short esters, maybe something lighter during the long esters?

The calorie intake at 3300 includes all excersise, at least according to the online calc I used, which seems like it could be low.

Admittedly I use a very pedestrian calorie calculator:

Recommended Daily Calorie Intake Calculator for Adult males, females & Children & Pregnant Women - Hpathy.com

If anyone has a better way to measure please let me know.

What are your maint. cals off cycle?

I'm not on the cycle, I'm in the planning phase.

I'm saying that currently off cycle to maintain my body weight the link included suggests 3300.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of this link, but assuming its correct, what I'm trying to determine is:

HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I BE TAKING IN DURING THE CYCLE IF I WANT TO GAIN 25(OPTIMAL) AND 15(ACCEPTABLE) LEAN LBS OVER THE COURSE OF A 12 WEEK TEST CYCLE?

It seems like I would need to increase the cals every week, if I'm adding mass, necessarily I would need to increase the number of calories taken it to support it and then a surplus in order to continue to gain.

Rooster, you don't calculate maintenance - you find it by tracking. That being said, it's probably going to be close to 15x your bodyweight if you're reasonably lean. Mine's 15 x my bodyweight when I'm 140 lbs, which puts me at just under 20% bodyfat (reasonably lean for a woman).

Why not just track on FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal for a few days to get an idea of your current maintenance? You'll likely want to eat enough to ensure, what, about 8 lbs a month weight gain while on cycle, heavy on the carbs would be my guess.

Bump for the AAS pros.

First of all I think 450mg/w of sust is plenty! you will see good gains from that if everything is on point. Personally I wouldnt worry about the dbol but if you are going to run it then keep it at the dose and duration that you planned on. Forget about other orals, theres no need, keep them to a minimum as they are more toxic on the liver than injectables.

Ive never counted calories, I just weigh my food. I find it much easier to make adjustments to meals that way. I monitor my weight weekly at the same time of the day and check my bodyfat.

Your body will soak up the calories when on a cycle so maybe just bump up your calories when you start then make adjustments as the weeks go by. You should gain a couple of pounds a week then gains will start slowing down at the end of the cycle.

Remember to train your guts out.

Thanks for all of your advice shadow.

So are you saying if I opt for D-bol to go at 30mg per day for three weeks, or 20 for four week weeks as I had planned earlier?

Any suggestions for measuring bodyfat? Good calipers, pinching techniques?

When do you weigh in, first thing in the morning?

Thanks for all of your advice shadow.

So are you saying if I opt for D-bol to go at 30mg per day for three weeks, or 20 for four week weeks as I had planned earlier?

Any suggestions for measuring bodyfat? Good calipers, pinching techniques?

When do you weigh in, first thing in the morning?

Take 30mg/d for no more than 4 weeks.

If you going to use calipers you really need someone else to measure for you otherwise just go by mirror.

Best to weigh yourself first thing in the morning on a empty stomach.

Back