• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Drinking water and losing weight!

MightyMuscles

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I don't know about you guys but I've heard this over and over for years but never really took it too seriously until recently but water really can help you lose weight. If you are dieting and hunger starts to make you want to cheat you can drink water to fill you up for a while and signal your regulators that you are full so that when you do sit down to a meal you wont feel like you need so much or eat past your planned calories.

Some studies have shown that thirst and hunger sensations are triggered together. If there is a slight dehydration the thirst mechanism may be mistaken for hunger and one may eat when the body is actually craving fluid.

In addition, Working out causes you to lose hydration through sweat so it???s important to replace lost water after a workout. I've found that it's suggested getting at least 64 ounces of water daily or eight 8-ounce glasses. Since I started doing this on a regular basis I find it a lot easier to stick with my bodybuilding nutrition plan than I did before and I am achieving the results I want a lot better.

Hope this helps!:thumb:

mmmmmmmkkkk.....welcome then i guess...i never heard that water is THAT important...i better start drinking about 2 1/2 gallons a day then..

Yeah...Water is really important but like everything you can over do it. I've heard of some people actually dying from drinking too much water. It's called water intoxication and I dont mean drowning ;)

I'm going to go drink 5 gallons right now and I'll get back to you.

mmmmmmmkkkk.....welcome then i guess...i never heard that water is THAT important...i better start drinking about 2 1/2 gallons a day then..

noone caught my sarcasam here??? LOL....we should thank the dude tho...he is just trying to help and input his research....

it is important to drink at least a gallon a day but it has never killed my appettite all it did was make me run to the bathroom more often - u have to be careful drinking too much water especially on an empty stomach u can deplete your electrolytes and cause health problems

it is important to drink at least a gallon a day but it has never killed my appettite all it did was make me run to the bathroom more often - u have to be careful drinking too much water especially on an empty stomach u can deplete your electrolytes and cause health problems

You can indeed drink too much water, or too much too fast. There are bigger problems than just flushing out your electrolytes - aldosterone and ADH get hip to your tricks pretty fast - ask anyone getting ready for a bb comp!

The problem with chugging tons of water all at once is that the average body can only clear just under a litre an hour - unless you're exceptionally dehydrated, you might want to spread your water consumption out over the course of the day.

How come it's more of a problem on an empty stomach? I haven't heard that one before.

You can indeed drink too much water, or too much too fast. There are bigger problems than just flushing out your electrolytes - aldosterone and ADH get hip to your tricks pretty fast - ask anyone getting ready for a bb comp!

The problem with chugging tons of water all at once is that the average body can only clear just under a litre an hour - unless you're exceptionally dehydrated, you might want to spread your water consumption out over the course of the day.

How come it's more of a problem on an empty stomach? I haven't heard that one before.

excellent info :clapping: as far as I know the loss of electrolytes is through urination and maybe it's just me but if my I don't have anything in my stomach and I drink a lot of water I am going to the restroom more frequently than if there is something in there digesting

IML Gear Cream!
No, I think it's valid - you probably can "over" drink because you're so empty.

Fair warning to anyone.

I notice when I drink water- even if its a half of a bottled water- it sits on my lower stomach- always pisses me off because it looks like I have a beer gut, and I don't drink alcohol!!!! Anyone else have this problem? I'm at 12% body fat currently.

I water loaded to 3 gallons a day while prepping for a contest-granted not for a long period of time, but I have come close to overdoing it. I usually stick with a gallon to a gallon and a 1/2 especially when on a PH.

This may be a simple observation but..the water increases metabolism thing...

Is this just a matter of the body actually burning calories (using energy) to process water into the the system cuz its been devoured? AND...since water contains no nutrients, the body is using whatever calories have already been consumed to do this absorption/digestion?

Pretty basic understanding if this is the gist of it.

If it does increase metabolism, it won't be by much.

It's good to stay hydrated, though. :)

Do bodybuilders use water as a duiretic like wrestlers do? for some reason if you drink 2+ gallons of water for several days the body will react by expelling it. So the next couple of days you can drastically reduce water intake and the body will still continue to expell water. We used to do this all the time to make weight for wrestling matches.

You bet. It's all about manipulating aldosterone. I wrote about it in an article on WBB - I'll get it to Rob so he can publish it up here.

It's no longer on WBB, here's the link Caution-Just Drink Water if you loose water weight rapidly - Wanna Be Big Bodybuilding and Weightlifting Forums (Try the link in first post)

Error as displayed at WBB,

"Error: Page not found!

This one is down to us!
We have recently redesigned the site and the page you are looking for either doesn't exist or is in the process of being added back in.
Please accept our apologies for this. We will see to it that the developer responsible for this broken link is given 20 lashes (but only after he or she has fixed this problem)."

Poor developer.....So indirectly I am responsible for the lashes :p

You bet. It's all about manipulating aldosterone. I wrote about it in an article on WBB - I'll get it to Rob so he can publish it up here.

Do bodybuilders use water as a duiretic like wrestlers do? for some reason if you drink 2+ gallons of water for several days the body will react by expelling it. So the next couple of days you can drastically reduce water intake and the body will still continue to expell water. We used to do this all the time to make weight for wrestling matches.

Interesting!

Back