• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Creatine + Citric Acid

mama's boy

Fat Loss Enthuiast
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just curious, but has anyone else on this board experienced an awful burning taste in their mouth/tongue when combining creatine and a substance containing large amounts of cirtic acid (like diet soda for example)?

If so, or even if not... anyone know why such a reaction occurs and what the signifigance is.

I remember a friend put a spoonfull of creatine in a bottle of soda one time and it fizzed up and basically exploded everywhere. I never understood why.

I have used diet soda to wash down some creatine before. I experienced lots of fizzing, but no awful burning taste....

Your a Freak! :D j/k

All I can add is don't let powdered L-Arginine sit in your mouth, my guess as to the culprit. Maybe you have a poor quality creatine with unconverted amino acids? :D

DP

DP,

I dunno, Prolab seems like good quality to me. Happened several times with this brand (although I'm not blaming them), and diet soda and/or citric acid is the only catalyst!

BTW, you're just NOW figuring out that I'm a freak????

Could it also be whey protein? I think I used Designer both times... Hmmmm.

I load creatine differently than others. 5 grams per meal a day for a few days, then about 8 grams pre and post workout. The diet soda was a fluke (I dont drink it hardly at all). Another time I was eating some candy that is high in citric acid & artificial colors (another possible culprit).

Could also be the whey, though. I've experienced a similar pang when taken an Arginine supplement, so DP may actually be right (even a squirrel finds a nut every now and then).

Man I don???t think taking creatine with soda is a good idea. Wont that turn it to shiat? I don???t know but why not water, Gatorade or grape juice, much better??? :D

IML Gear Cream!
Again... FLUKE FLUKE FLUKE! (the diet soda incident was also like a year ago, it happened resently w/ candy and I harked back to the first time).

LMAO @ all the diet soda questions!

But MB, diet soda isn't great for you, you probably shouldn't make a habit of taking creatine with diet soda.:p

I use a blender to mix up the creatine + liquid, so diet soda sounds pretty wierd.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back