• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Biceps?

Chin ups, Barbell curls, Dumbbell curls, they also get a workout with barbell rows and pull ups..

Pullups and Dumbell Rows, mostly. So long as you're eating a lot, that is.

I really like incline dumbell curls ,regular and reverse ez bar curls, n burn out with hammer curls

I agree with the inclines. It takes cheating out of the equation for the most part. Although I very rarely isolate the biceps anymore.

close grip chins, there like barbell curls but alot easlier on the wrists because unlike any type of curl were you hand is going towards the chest, with these its the chest going towards the hand, making it really easly on the wrist.

plus your back gets worked too.

close grip chins, there like barbell curls but alot easlier on the wrists because unlike any type of curl were you hand is going towards the chest, with these its the chest going towards the hand, making it really easly on the wrist.

plus your back gets worked too.

I agree with this. I think CG chins are the way to go. Great for biceps and works many other muscles.

A lot of great exercises were suggested.. you may also want to check out Escalating Density Training (EDT) by Charles Staley.. It was originally designed to put inches on your biceps

IML Gear Cream!
I don't really bother working them directly. They get worked plenty from chins and rows. If I have an extra 10-20 minutes to blow at the gym, I may throw in 1-2 sets of DB curls for the hell of it but it's not essential at all.

I don't really bother working them directly. They get worked plenty from chins and rows. If I have an extra 10-20 minutes to blow at the gym, I may throw in 1-2 sets of DB curls for the hell of it but it's not essential at all.

I did some heavy curls the other day, i wont do them again for another month or so.

I know the pump means nothing, but i get a better pump from farmer's walks than all the curls in the world. I'd much rather do those.

I did some heavy curls the other day, i wont do them again for another month or so.

I know the pump means nothing, but i get a better pump from farmer's walks than all the curls in the world. I'd much rather do those.

+1

I dont know who wrote it or where its from, but a quote thats sticking out in my head is ''if you cant do at least 10 body weight pull ups, you have no business training arms directly''. Pretty good rule to follow IMO.

+1

I dont know who wrote it or where its from, but a quote thats sticking out in my head is ''if you cant do at least 10 body weight pull ups, you have no business training arms directly''. Pretty good rule to follow IMO.

I've never heard that before, but thats good!

The only use i can see for curls is strengthening the bicep tendons for strongman and stuff like that. Aside from that i think a large percentage of people are either misinformed or egocentric :p

I've never heard that before, but thats good!

The only use i can see for curls is strengthening the bicep tendons for strongman and stuff like that. Aside from that i think a large percentage of people are either misinformed or egocentric :p

A would guess a pretty even mixture of both.lol

There was about 15 other guys in the gym today apart from me and my training partner. EVERY single one of them was training biceps. :rolleyes:

Suppose it shouldnt bother me though, I never have to wait for the squat rack and theres always and olympic bar available for doing deads, cleans, presses ect. Save me time I suppose.

A would guess a pretty even mixture of both.lol

There was about 15 other guys in the gym today apart from me and my training partner. EVERY single one of them was training biceps. :rolleyes:

Suppose it shouldnt bother me though, I never have to wait for the squat rack and theres always and olympic bar available for doing deads, cleans, presses ect. Save me time I suppose.

My gym has the same yoyo's doing bi's, accept most are taking up the damn rack and swinging 95lb cheat curls on the oly bar! :mad:

A few weeks ago there was one of these yoyo's doing this and I just stood there staring at him. After two sets he asked me if I wanted to work in. I told him I wanted to use the rack for it's intended purpose not curls. He said "oh" and left.

My gym has the same yoyo's doing bi's, accept most are taking up the damn rack and swinging 95lb cheat curls on the oly bar! :mad:

A few weeks ago there was one of these yoyo's doing this and I just stood there staring at him. After two sets he asked me if I wanted to work in. I told him I wanted to use the rack for it's intended purpose not curls. He said "oh" and left.

Haha, I bet he did, your a big fucker!;)

My gym has two seperate rooms, with the weights section being about 100 yards from the cardio room, helps to stop people just wandering in to get in the way. It also means that no women come into the weight room, which is a bad thing. Though not if they are only there to get in my way doing bicep curls on a fucking bosu ball.

Haha, I bet he did, your a big fucker!;)

My gym has two seperate rooms, with the weights section being about 100 yards from the cardio room, helps to stop people just wandering in to get in the way. It also means that no women come into the weight room, which is a bad thing. Though not if they are only there to get in my way doing bicep curls on a fucking bosu ball.

I don't like to be "that guy", if you know what I mean. I'm a very non confrontational guy but after years of this I had to do it.

I just don't get it. My gym has easy bars that are pre weighted up to 140lbs and they just sit there while these douche bags use the rack?!?

I know this is going to sound silly.

But stop doing isolation is what I did.

On my back days I did just 1 set of iso for biceps, sometimes none, but did alot of close grip chinups and i've gotten many stretch marks since i cut the iso crap, or bicep/arm days. seriously you're probably overtraining with iso ontop of the usual back workout.

If you think about it it kinda makes sense because if your back is getting fried then more often than not your biceps will be hit just as hard if not harder cos they're a smaller muscle.

IML Gear Cream!
I know this is going to sound silly.

But stop doing isolation is what I did.

On my back days I did just 1 set of iso for biceps, sometimes none, but did alot of close grip chinups and i've gotten many stretch marks since i cut the iso crap, or bicep/arm days. seriously you're probably overtraining with iso ontop of the usual back workout.

If you think about it it kinda makes sense because if your back is getting fried then more often than not your biceps will be hit just as hard if not harder cos they're a smaller muscle.

Well said.

Wait back up, they were CHEAT curling 95lbs?

If you're going to cheat at least go heavy, jesus.

Curls in the squat rack are the cardinal gym sin.

+1

Hmm that may not be a good rule for everyone.. sure it takes arm strength to do pull ups but you can't forget that it works your lats pretty directly.. and there are some really strong guys that are very heavy that wouldn't be able to do too many pull ups.

Hmm that may not be a good rule for everyone.. sure it takes arm strength to do pull ups but you can't forget that it works your lats pretty directly.. and there are some really strong guys that are very heavy that wouldn't be able to do too many pull ups.

Heavy as in fat, not heavy as in muscular. Big lean guys can do plenty of pull ups. Its not that direct arm training doesnt work, its just that your time would be better spent doing compounds movements. If you notice that your arms are lagging then maybe throw in some isolation work, but it should not be a priority.

Heavy as in fat, not heavy as in muscular. Big lean guys can do plenty of pull ups. Its not that direct arm training doesnt work, its just that your time would be better spent doing compounds movements. If you notice that your arms are lagging then maybe throw in some isolation work, but it should not be a priority.

Hmm not at always fat.. they could just have massive legs weighing them down.. like I do.

But compound movements are definitely the way to go, not disagreeing with that.. just thought the "rule" might have been faulty with what it was trying to say.

I find that I don't get as far with isolation work as I do with compound movements.. and the compound movements just feel way more natural.

"curls get the girls!" silly comment alot of football players use in Oz.

I agree biceps seem to be by far the most commonly trained muscle in my gym.

People look at me doing deadlifts with that wtf look.

Wait back up, they were CHEAT curling 95lbs?

If you're going to cheat at least go heavy, jesus.

Curls in the squat rack are the cardinal gym sin.

Stop encouraging them!:pissed:

I would love to see some of these guys do proper curls with 95lbs! While it's not very impressive, done with proper form most couldn't squeeze more than a couple reps if any.

Stop encouraging them!:pissed:

I would love to see some of these guys do proper curls with 95lbs! While it's not very impressive, done with proper form most couldn't squeeze more than a couple reps if any.

:laugh: i wouldn't dream of encouraging this sort of behaviour!

Curls are silly enough, let alone cheat curls. Let ALONE cheat curls in a rack!? Just blows my mind. Its 95lbs, why do they need a rack? Can't they lift it from the floor?

:(

:laugh: i wouldn't dream of encouraging this sort of behaviour!

Curls are silly enough, let alone cheat curls. Let ALONE cheat curls in a rack!? Just blows my mind. Its 95lbs, why do they need a rack? Can't they lift it from the floor?

:(

Honestly, I think that's the problem. These idiots are so lazy they even set the pins at waist height so they don't have to bend over to pick it up. :loser:

Back