• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Obama more popular than his policies, poll shows

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Obama more popular than his policies, poll shows - CNN.com
By Paul Steinhauser
CNN Deputy Political Director

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A new national poll suggests that President Obama is personally more popular than his policies.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll, released Monday, also indicates that 63 percent of Americans approve of how Obama is handling his duties as president. One in three questioned in the poll disapprove.

Democrats overwhelmingly approve of how Obama is handling his job as president; 61 percent of independents agree. Only 28 percent of Republicans say the president is doing a good job in office.

The survey, released two days before Obama marks 100 days in the White House, indicates that three in four Americans feel Obama has the personal qualities a president should have. But when asked whether Obama agrees with the respondent on the issues, that number drops to 57 percent.

"Americans have two different assessments of President Obama. One, personal. The other, policy," CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider said.

"What does the public find most controversial about President Obama? His policies, much more than his personal qualities."

"Now that Obama is president, the number who agree with his views on the issues has gone down, while the number who say he has the right personal qualities has gone up," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland added.

"That didn't happen the last time we had a new administration. In George W. Bush's first months in office, the number who thought he had the right personal skills to be president was lower than the number who felt that way during the 2000 presidential campaign."

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll was conducted Thursday through Sunday, with 2,019 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.

People voted for the person, not the policies. Didn't we already know this?

Obama is like teflon. the question is, how long will this last? how long will the american people blindly accept obama because of bush lag?

Obama is like teflon. the question is, how long will this last? how long will the american people blindly accept obama because of bush lag?

well, the Americans were stupid enough to vote Bush in for a second term...lol

I know, you're going to tell me he was the "best choice". :blah:

well, the Americans were stupid enough to vote Bush in for a second term...lol

I know, you're going to tell me he was the "best choice". :blah:

this is your defense of obama? talking about voting in bush a second term?

When are people going to start viewing the presidency according to something other than a popularity contest. i don't like his policies, but i like him because he isn't bush seems like a joke to me.

this is your defense of obama? talking about voting in bush a second term?

its not a defense, I don't need to defend him, I will wait and see what he does the next 4 years, is there anything else we CAN do?

Back