• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Can creatine cause kidney stone?

nkira

Iam only 1 but stil Iam 1
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it possible?

Most of the instructions on packing advice to increase water intake.But if one end's up drinking less water at the same time continues to take creatine then what are the chances of developing kidney stone?

What other supps can lead to development of kidney stone if not properly used?

I'm not sure I have heard that some european countries don't allow creatine for some reason and it's just like the protien thing everyone has an opinion on what the benefiets-damages are, I would say any supplement that recommends drinking a lot of water to avoid dehydration could have a possibility of helping cause kidney stones if the directions aren't followed

Appreciate your response, I was just googling to see if there was any link & wanted to get some ones opinion on it.

Now, I know that creatine is a well research & proven supplement no doubt about that, I am honestly not looking for any debate here, I was just curious.

But,

Here's what I found,

"Creatine supplementation, in the dosages commonly used, results in urinary concentrations that are 90 times greater than normal. The long term effects of this have not been investigated, but there is possibility for a variety of nephrotoxic, i.e., kidney damaging, events. There is potential for direct toxicity on renal tubules where urine is formed, and for acceleration of kidney stone formation. Recently, a baseball player for the Houston Astros was determined to have suffered from dehydration, kidney stones, and transient kidney damage as the result of creatine supplementation. Additionally, the deaths of 3 collegiate wrestlers this past year are being investigated to determine what role creatine supplementation may have played."

Source

I searched it on Pubmed too & not a single study confirmed -ve effects in relation to kidney.

I really don't think they have any long term studies for creatine one of my physiology professors used to preach quite a bit about how creatine elevates the levels of creatinine in your body to levels that eventually will cause damage of the kidneys I just make sure I cycle it no more than 3 months on 1 month off I just megadose Xtend on the off period

I agree that cycling is important. What is Megadose Xtend?

Thanks Chobby....

Additionally, the deaths of 3 collegiate wrestlers this past year are being investigated to determine what role creatine supplementation may have played."
I'm trying to start a war here, but this bothers me greatly.
Being a former wrestler, and NOT having to do a sevre cut like wrestlers do, i witnessed many stupid attempts to drop the wt. And these guys wouldnt just try to loose a pound or 2, it was 6-8-10 lbs. Exlax,not drinking,not eating,spitting, sauna suits..this goes on. Can the body take this for wk in and wk out..No It Cant. To point a finger at creatine.....:hmmm:

can products which stimulate vasodilation help with circulatory problems??
my mum's hand goes really itchy and red when its cold and the doc said it was due to circulatory problems. Now I have the same red-hand-itis thing in my right hand but it happens when i'm hot. This also occurs in my right foot.

Or does this just mean I've become lazy and need to get off my fat ass and do some running?

can products which stimulate vasodilation help with circulatory problems??
my mum's hand goes really itchy and red when its cold and the doc said it was due to circulatory problems. Now I have the same red-hand-itis thing in my right hand but it happens when i'm hot. This also occurs in my right foot.

Or does this just mean I've become lazy and need to get off my fat ass and do some running?

Well circulatory problems can be from a host of things and can lead to a lot of symptoms so if you already have a clue you may have these problems are they run in your family (Such as High Blood Pressure, Blood Clots Ect) its good that you take steps to prevent or lower the outcome.

I'd suggest going on walks if not running to improve vascular health, supplement fish out and good daily vitamin and take it easy on fast food.

Circulatory problems run in my family pretty strong so I take my own advice to help lower the risk of these issues becoming a serious problem in my future.

Supps I'd suggest
Cycle support/Life supprt you can google it
Our company brand EFA's our the best blend I've ever seen. (for your fish oil, cla and omega 3's)

Disclaimer
I'm not a doctor so take my advice as suggestions.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
I've never heard of this before.
I certainly hope not!

Luckily I've never been much of a creatine user
i28-8.jpg

Well circulatory problems can be from a host of things and can lead to a lot of symptoms so if you already have a clue you may have these problems are they run in your family (Such as High Blood Pressure, Blood Clots Ect) its good that you take steps to prevent or lower the outcome.

I'd suggest going on walks if not running to improve vascular health, supplement fish out and good daily vitamin and take it easy on fast food.

Circulatory problems run in my family pretty strong so I take my own advice to help lower the risk of these issues becoming a serious problem in my future.

Supps I'd suggest
Cycle support/Life supprt you can google it
Our company brand EFA's our the best blend I've ever seen. (for your fish oil, cla and omega 3's)

Disclaimer
I'm not a doctor so take my advice as suggestions.

i wanna buy ironmaglabs supps but whenever I tried purchasing anything outside the UK they dont accept my debit card :(

i wanna buy ironmaglabs supps but whenever I tried purchasing anything outside the UK they dont accept my debit card :(

Weird, I'll look into this for you. Also have you tried contacting your bank in seeing if they have restrictions are anything like that? I would contact my bank and ask why would this happen but I'm in the US so I doubt if they would know, but I'll ask since I have to call anyway.

I've never heard of this before.
I certainly hope not!

Luckily I've never been much of a creatine user
i28-8.jpg

I had a friend that took creatine year round for two to three years and started to pee blood. It was weird and scary but not sure what else he did as we stopped talking shortly after that. Sce then I don' like to take creatine longer then two months without cycling off.

there's just no option for a debit card thats all. I can only use it in europe

btw sry for hijacking this thread :D

is creatine's risks worth the gains in the end??

we don't ship international, but Bodybuilding.com does.

we don't ship international, but Bodybuilding.com does.

You beat me to it

Did you mean anything outside the UK or just our site?

You beat me to it

Did you mean anything outside the UK or just our site?

most sites outside UK.

And the problem isn't the shipping but the type of card accepted. I have a debit card. It's sort of like a credit card but it doesn't allow you to purchase on credit. The only purchases u can make is with money already deposited in the account.

IML Gear Cream!
T Man, have you tried using pay pal with your debit card?

bbermikel welcome to the forum. Btw you CAN NOT advertise others bodybuilding/fitness boards or supplement sites in your signatures (unless they link back to IronMagazine).

Read Rules here

Back