25% Off Black Friday Sale

Low carb to lose fat and gain muscle

Rep Points

Low carb to lose fat and gain muscle

Can you lose fat and gain muscle on a low carb diet

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Typically you need to choose one or the other.

To gain muscle you require excess calories. To Lose fat, you require negative calories.

There may be some exceptions, like deconditioned people.

However, reading some of your previous posts, I think you will see some significant changes, just getting your diet in order, and not worrying about low carbs.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

I guess its possible, but it would be hard to do naturally, add some anabolics and you can.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I lost fat and gained muscle on a ketogenic diet. BUT - I was a novice. Unless you're brand new at this, you pretty much have to choose "lose fat" or "build muscle".
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    I lost fat and gained muscle on a ketogenic diet. BUT - I was a novice. Unless you're brand new at this, you pretty much have to choose "lose fat" or "build muscle".
    Yep if you are just starting out you can do both. If you have been training for a while I would suggest lean down, then gain lean muscle mass and try not to gain the fat back.

Rep Points

You can lose fat and keep muscle very well on a cyclical ketogenic diet, but you're not going to gain much muscle on it.

Rep Points

I wouldn't bother with the low carb diets of any sort if you're a beginner. If you're getting results without the low carbs, just stick with what you're doing. In my opinion, the carb restricted stuff should generally be left to the more advanced crowd because there are more points of failure with this kind of dieting.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sexy_animal View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the low carb diets of any sort if you're a beginner. If you're getting results without the low carbs, just stick with what you're doing. In my opinion, the carb restricted stuff should generally be left to the more advanced crowd because there are more points of failure with this kind of dieting.

Really? Must be different for women. I did awesome when I did low carb - that's how I started, and I felt really good!

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sexy_animal View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. As a beginner, tNhe best diet for you is simply one that you can stick to.

Some may disagree, but I would never ever try to have a newbie run a PSMF or some other ridiculously rigid diet, they don't have the diet or training experience to do it.

Just get accustomed to sticking to a relatively healthy diet and THEN try more advanced stuff. It's more important to build a healthy base, to find healthy foods you enjoy, and to get accustomed to being consistent with your diet.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I would tend to agree, for any of a number of reasons - one of which being "learn how to maintain your weight FIRST". If you don't know how to do that, how can you hope to maintain your loss?

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. As a beginner, tNhe best diet for you is simply one that you can stick to.

Some may disagree, but I would never ever try to have a newbie run a PSMF or some other ridiculously rigid diet, they don't have the diet or training experience to do it.

Just get accustomed to sticking to a relatively healthy diet and THEN try more advanced stuff. It's more important to build a healthy base, to find healthy foods you enjoy, and to get accustomed to being consistent with your diet.
    That's pretty much what I meant. I tried the Atkins diet when it was the rage, had good results, but eventually I got fed up and quit.

Some time later, when I decided to make a commitment to my health I started looking for foods that were enjoyable and non-fattening. It took me about a year to establish what kind of stuff I like and can live with. I was losing fat and building muscle all throughout. Then when I plauteued I started to look for methods to break the plauteau, and that's where carb restricted stuff came into play for me. I wouldn't have done it unless it was totally necessary because I like carbs...a lot