Beginner Questions

Rep Points

Beginner Questions

Hi, I've been needing to get in better shape for a while and my local gym just lowered its price to 15 a month so I decided it was time to start working out. I was just wondering what's the best way to gain muscle and have some definition, but at the same time not get too big? What are some good exercises or routines for a beginner? Also, the diet is a problem for me. What are the best foods to eat? Chicken, vegetables, etc? And what are the best ways to prepare them? Grilled, steamed? I've also heard of p90x and rippetoes but I'm not rly a fan of p90x bc of not being able to lift weights and workout the whole body, but I hear that rippetoes is a decent workout? Thanks

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Hi there

Pretty sweet deal about the cheap membership!

Read the link in my sig on getting started.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Ah thanks a lot man!

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

N/P bro, good luck.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by marine428 View Post
    Ah thanks a lot man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    N/P bro, good luck.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Iam only 1 but stil Iam 1
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Built, you are one hell of a humorist..... But I am sure that you love to do this to guys

Quote Originally Posted by marine428 View Post
    Ah thanks a lot man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    N/P bro, good luck.
    QUIET IS MIGHT. SOLITUDE IS STRENGTH. INTROVERSION IS POWER.
    Words of a Wise Woman - We don't all get to have all things. I have been given more than most, not as much as others.
    I enjoy the gifts that I have, I share what I can, and try not to begrudge others for having things that I don't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Power House became my hospital and the iron became my medicine.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Nonsense. I'm just being friendly.

<giggles>

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...