• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Question on pull ups

Hitman0809

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay, well few friends and I are working on this 300 workout crap for some fun, we saw this video and were floored at how these guys do their pull ups.

Can you guys share some feeling on this type of swinging while doing pullups?

Does this take away from the actual workout? Is there any benefit? Opinions/advice please. Thanks!!

Skip the 300 scene in the beginning(first 45 secs), sorry.

YouTube Video

YouTube - CrossFit Central 300 Challenge

Last edited:
Kipping pullups. Those are fine, you still have to get yourself UP and you lower like a pullup.

Never heard of em, thanks.

Would you chose this form pullup over a regular one? I havn't tried it yet but it looks easier.

It's not that I'd recommend them over regular chins, but if you told yourself you were going to do 25 of 'em, and could only power up for 8, this is a way to crank out more and use 'em for HIIT type training.

ohh okay, since im pretty bad with pullups, maybe get like 10 or 12, ill probly train with these to get my regular form better?

They're a different movement. I think that's like saying you'll do more sprinting because that will help your jogging form. It might, sort of, but that's not really the point now is it?

lol you a genius, and you have a way with words. Thanks for the help, i think i got a grasp on things now.

ohh okay, since im pretty bad with pullups, maybe get like 10 or 12, ill probly train with these to get my regular form better?

uh, these pullups are actually quite challenging. becoming efficient at stringing them together takes some time and coaching. Those who scoff them as cheating and easy should try to pump out 25 in a row. Let me know how it goes.

they will improve the shoulder girth. They are more full body, higher intensity, and metabolically favourable to regular chins, definitly a good tool to have. regular chins and weighted chins are also very good movements.

uh, these pullups are actually quite challenging. becoming efficient at stringing them together takes some time and coaching. Those who scoff them as cheating and easy should try to pump out 25 in a row. Let me know how it goes.

yeah, i was jus judging by wat i saw, i never have done them before. imma give them a go later today or tommorrow

yeah, i was jus judging by wat i saw, i never have done them before. imma give them a go later today or tommorrow

adding them to your warm up each day will help your progressin

It seems to me like the momentum they are building up from those would decrease the stimulus.

Heh. You think? Try it.

I usually end up swinging during pullups anyway, but I'll try these and see how they go, never done them before :)

Back