• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Protein Cheese Bread

w8lifter

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Not my recipe, but it sounds kinda yummy :D If I were to make it, I'd never use that much cheese, and I'd choose the ricotta.

This bread is so easy to make I often make a double batch and spread the extra batter onto an oiled baking sheet (with a lip). Bake the sheet for 15 minutes and you've got a pizza crust. Yea, bet you thought you'd never eat pizza again! You'll find pizza with carb counts at Protein Pizzas .

2/3 cups soy flour
2/3 cups whey powder (found in health food stores)
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs
2 tablespoons sour cream, cream cheese, tofu or ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
1-2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, parmesan, or whatever you have)
Mix all ingredients together and pour into well greased loaf pan. Bake in preheated 275 degree oven for one hour. Test with knife or toothpick for doneness, you should see moist crumbs clinging to your tester but not wet crumbs. If the outside of your loaf is getting too brown you can cover the top with aluminium foil or if the sides and bottom are getting too brown. Take the loaf out of the oven. Let cool completely and then toast each slice before using.

Variations:

4-8 slices crisply cooked crumbled bacon and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped, sliced or whole black or green olives, use parmesan or mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon fresh herbs, or1 teaspoon dried herbs
Dairy-free version:
Use nondairy cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream in place of regular cheese.

Protein Pizza Crust

The carb count for your pizza will depend on your toppings, so add them up as you go along. All carb counts are per square and are based on cutting the pizza into 9 squares.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Crust:
1 carb

Make a double batch of Protein Cheese Bread, (using double the amount of mozzarella cheese). Spread half the batter in a greased baking sheet that has a lip.

Make Ahead: put the remaining half of the batter in two greased mini loaf pans or muffin tins (fill 3/4 full with batter - fill any unused cups 1/4 full of filtered water). You can use the leftover Protein Bread as burger buns for Turkey Burgers & Gravy and in Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms. I often make an extra batch of Protein Bread, crumb it in my blender or food processor, then freeze the crumbs so I have them available for breading meat.

Bake pizza crust for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of crust comes out clean. Watch carefully to make sure crust doesn't get too browned. If you're doing the Make Ahead bake muffins for 20 minutes, loaf pans for 30-40 minutes, until tester comes out clean.

hey you should send this to nikegurl! LOL:p

i just found this thread and before i read what leslie wrote i was thinking......"w8s turned on me! bread and pizza crust"

i'll have nightmares tonight for sure. if i got over peanut butter and olives i can get over bread. but it'll be harder since it's more evil than the other two!

so far i'm over a week breadless. thank heavens!

Back