• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cals in Vs. Cals out

jhawkin1

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What role would sugar have if one was getting 1g/lb lean muscle of protein and 1/2g/lb of fat- if calories are under maintenance, one would obviously lose weight, BUT if you have an increased amount of sugar, would the sugar still settle and be a problem in terms of physique?

Role of thumb I always went by was if cals in is less than cals out= fat loss (weight loss).

If it matters at all, it won't be by much.

Unless you're doing some sort of keto diet, you can fit some sugar in.

I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but I only incorporate a large portion of my carbs pre and post workout- everything else is in the form of veggies, natural peanut butter (which is mainly a fat), olive oil, ect.

High protein, sub high fat, low carbs. Is that a keto diet? I try and have one cheat meal every week and a half.

Targeted keto diet: TKD

It's a very comfortable way to diet.

Targeted keto diet: TKD

It's a very comfortable way to diet.

I like it! That's the diet I explained then? It's working beautifully so far! 6 more weeks to go till I hit my goal- I've seen great results thus far. I have a pool party date that is my final destination with the cutting diet, then I am going to maintain/caloric deficit for awhile, until it's bulking season again!

Good talk :thumb:

In a nutshell, you got it. Ultimately, it's all about the deficit - BUT - ya' gotta be able to survive it. Some folks do better (ie feel comfortable) on the usual low-fat, six meals a day dealie. I'm not one of 'em - makes me too hungry. I feel better on protein and fat. This way gives folks like us the carbs for lifting, but only when we need 'em. No need to stimulate appetite all day for no good reason.

It's how I dieted down to my avatar.

Not heard of the TKD diet.
Will have to give it a try!
i28-8.jpg

The big thing is that I have stayed consistent- not cheating as much, keeping caloric deficits for consecutive weeks (not just days this time roun') and I'm down to about 5 meals a day. My food cravings are under control, and I plan to eat california rolls tomorrow (if im feeling it) to renew my energy stores. Then back to my consecutive caloric deficit streak. I have 5 and 1/2 weeks till this pool party and I've come a far way- almost there!

Back