Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

weight loss or strength loss?

Rep Points

weight loss or strength loss?

hello all,can anyone help me?I was just wondering if its possible to get stronger while still trying to lose my weight.I'm not tryin to get skinny by any means but i have about 20-25lbs i could lose but i really enjoy strength training but all I read it seems to say that to make any gains in strength u gotta keep eatin any thoughts on this would really help me,thanks.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You can make strength gains while cutting - I often do, myself.
    I switch my training from higher to somewhat lower volume when I cut. Much of my work drops to the 5-rep range, with longer rest breaks.
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Thanx Built for the quick response.I'm glad that i can still lose weight and still lift heavy w/o getting weaker.Would a 5x5 routine still be effective when I'm tryin to lose weight?

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

5x5 would be great. You might find you need to drop it to 4x5 and even 3x5 as your cut progresses. Do what you have to do to keep the iron on the bar.

How's your diet?

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

my diet is for a lack of better word..awful.. but thats were i've been improving lately so it might take time but i have been feeling a lot better since i cut out fast food.Thanx again

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Getting the diet in order is key.

Understanding training is also key.

I have been increasing strength and improving my level of fitness over the past 10 weeks (12-week training cycle) while using intermittent fasting and dropping 8lbs and totally changing my body composition.

Strength all about neurological efficiency. Setting up a training program that reflects is important in helping you reach your goal. The fat loss comes from the diet, the strength comes from the training.

Patrick
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Diet - Keep the meals smaller but more frequent. High protein/Low Carbs.

Training - Try to keep the reps between 8-12 (to failure) and cardio 4-6 times a week

Simple but effective.
    Tired Of NOT Getting Noticed?

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BLane View Post

Training - Try to keep the reps between 8-12 (to failure) and cardio 4-6 times a week

Simple but effective.
    That would be a great way to lose strength.

Train the nervous system with lower reps to help develop strength capacity. > 6 reps is more for auxiliary movements.

patrick
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Iam only 1 but stil Iam 1
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

So thats how you are looking great in that new video of yours....Keep It Up

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    Getting the diet in order is key.

Understanding training is also key.

I have been increasing strength and improving my level of fitness over the past 10 weeks (12-week training cycle) while using intermittent fasting and dropping 8lbs and totally changing my body composition.

Strength all about neurological efficiency. Setting up a training program that reflects is important in helping you reach your goal. The fat loss comes from the diet, the strength comes from the training.

Patrick
    QUIET IS MIGHT. SOLITUDE IS STRENGTH. INTROVERSION IS POWER.
    Words of a Wise Woman - We don't all get to have all things. I have been given more than most, not as much as others.
    I enjoy the gifts that I have, I share what I can, and try not to begrudge others for having things that I don't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    Power House became my hospital and the iron became my medicine.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BLane View Post

Simple but effective.
    Oh wow. No. Not at all effective for fat loss. AWESOME for muscle-loss though.

I'm with Patrick on this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    That would be a great way to lose strength.

Train the nervous system with lower reps to help develop strength capacity. > 6 reps is more for auxiliary movements.

patrick
    I'll add that you'll likely be a lot more comfortable on fewer, but larger meals while cutting. The high protein recommendation is a good one though.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Oh wow. No. Not at all effective for fat loss. AWESOME for muscle-loss though.

I'm with Patrick on this one:

I'll add that you'll likely be a lot more comfortable on fewer, but larger meals while cutting. The high protein recommendation is a good one though.
    What do you recommend for meals? 3 larger ones?

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Or one huge meal. Or fifteen micro snacks. It really doesn't matter as long as you're comfortable.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...