Exercising while travelling?

Rep Points

Exercising while travelling?

so im going travelling around the world in september, its basically going to consist of living out of a backpack for a year or two! i want to keep up my exercise routine and thought id get planning... so im thinking about keeping up my jogging 3 times a week(i can do this anywhere) and i am thinking about bringing resistance bands with me and do a full body workout 3 x times per week! does anyone have any experience with this, seems like i could get a pretty solid workout in with these, ill maybe bring 2 sets of bands(incase one breaks), with a medium, heavy and extra heavy resistance to simulate three sets. i was thinking of going for these SPRI - The Professional's Choice:RUBBER RESISTANCE .... i basically want something that will last for a year! id appreciate any reccomendations! im also just going to follow the full body workout listed on the spri website! any suggestions appreciated!

Rep Points

ive also seen these Bodylastics Home Gym Systems - What's Included , a bit more expensive

Rep Points

If you can squeeze them in, I'd suggest a pair of push-up bars. By being able to go wide or narrow, you could really hit your chest pretty good with these.

Another great all-around exercise is the burpee (crossfit program) - a push-up to your feet and then a standing jump...repeat for 10-15 reps and maybe do a set of jumping jacks between burpee sets (3-5)

Check youtube for example...I can't post links yet

Guaranteed to get your heart pumpin.

Good luck!
    Tired Of NOT Getting Noticed?

Rep Points

yeah i will definately incorporate some bodyweight exercises, but i want to keep some resistance training going while im away so the bands seem liek the way to go! i just dotn want to get something the snaps while im away!

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Get yourself some TRX straps and a gymboss timer. They travel really easy and you can workout anywhere!

Patrick
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

so these would be a better option than the resistance bands or maybe a combo of both??

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think so. Big time! TRX is really versatile.

patrick

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."

Rep Points

they look great i definatly wouldnt have a problem with them breaking etc which is a major plus! but im thinking in terms of finding anchor points to get the elevation, it will be quite interesting for my first few months in india! lol i wonder if there is door attachements for them, one of the main reasons i was drwan to the resistance bands was because of the convenience of being able to do a workout in my hostel room!

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by the_leprechaun View Post
    they look great i definatly wouldnt have a problem with them breaking etc which is a major plus! but im thinking in terms of finding anchor points to get the elevation, it will be quite interesting for my first few months in india! lol i wonder if there is door attachements for them, one of the main reasons i was drwan to the resistance bands was because of the convenience of being able to do a workout in my hostel room!
    The TRX straps come with a little cloth band that has a piece of hard plastic on the end. The cloth part flips over the top of the door and then you close it and the plastic piece anchors it. So you can use it anywhere you have a door.

patrick

Rep Points

excellent! thanks for that patrick, i guess it would be worth my while getting these sooner rather than later and starting to incorporate it into my workouts so i have a routine down by the time im going away!?

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by the_leprechaun View Post
    excellent! thanks for that patrick, i guess it would be worth my while getting these sooner rather than later and starting to incorporate it into my workouts so i have a routine down by the time im going away!?
    Sounds like a good idea. I lent mine out, but when I get them back, I'll shoot some video examples of workouts with the TRX and gymboss.

Patrick

Rep Points

sounds great ill look forward to it!

Rep Points

so ive ordered both of these! looking forward to getting them and seeing how the trx compares to a standard workout!