• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gruden replacing Kornheiser on MNF

IronAddict

YOU ME WE
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Gruden replacing Kornheiser on MNF - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

May 18, 2009
BRISTOL, CONN. (AP) -- Former Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden is replacing Tony Kornheiser on ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast team.

The network said Monday that Gruden will be in the booth with Mike Tirico and Ron Jaworski when the show starts its 40th season this fall.

Kornheiser cited a fear of flying in his decision to leave after three years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Gruden led the Bucs to the 2003 Super Bowl title and was fired after this past season. He worked as a guest analyst this year with the NFL Network during the draft and scouting combine.

He will debut with ESPN with a preseason game Aug. 13, a Super Bowl rematch between the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers.

I really like Kornheiser on PTI but he always seemed a bit odd on MNF. Jon Gruden though??? Can't they bring in an experienced analyst for a change? Eh, whatever.

I never liked Kornheiser on Monday Night Football. He is good on PTI, but I found him annoying on MNF.

I actually think Gruden will be a pretty good analyst.

patrick

Why couldn't he just go the Madden route and get a Kornheiser cruiser ?

Back