if i can benchpress 25Kg dumbells 10 times what can i barbell 10 times

Rep Points

if i can benchpress 25Kg dumbells 10 times what can i barbell 10 times

if i can benchpress 25Kg dumbells 10 times about what weight can i bench with a barbell 10times

i have never used a barbell but heard its easyer than dumbbells

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by daveee View Post
    if i can benchpress 25Kg dumbells 10 times about what weight can i bench with a barbell 10times

Probably at least 50kg...

It depends on a lot of things (like form). You'll have to try it and find out

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I've been working on a problem in Number Theory off and on for almost
    ten years called "the Bodybuilders Dilemma" aka "the 25Kg dumbell x 10= 10 Barbell? problem".
    Let f(x) be a function defined on the positive integers such that:

f(x) = x/2 if x is even
    f(x) = (3*x+1)/2 if x is odd

Then the conjecture is: iterates of f(x) will eventually reach 1 for any
    initial value of x. Various cash prizes have been offered for the proof
    or disproof of this conjecture. When you break it down you would just try it out because we are not rocket scientists that can figure what your true max is.

Rep Points

I hope this doesn't sound too smart ass, but there really is no way of knowing....UNTIL YOU GO TO THE GYM and try! lol

Please forgive me...I am less than 3 weeks out until my show and I am tired.

Greg

Rep Points

25Kg, I guarantee it...

Honestly though, just estimate. Try 50Kg and judge from there. Just make sure you learn the form for the BB lift and it might be a good idea to bring a spotter around when you're trying out a new exercise.

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

You made two threads about the same thing, i've deleted the other one. Don't post another.

Here's what you do. 25+25 = 50. The bar weighs 20. Put 15 on each side of the bar and press it for as many reps as you can.

There is your answer.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

It really depends. At some stages of my life I've found I can press more with a BB and other times with DB. Depends if your stabiliser muscles are up to scratch, I think DB's are easier because they're a more natural movement and can be forced up easier than a bar imo.
    Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your meal.

T_Man to He_Man - Journal

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    You made two threads about the same thing, i've deleted the other one. Don't post another.

Here's what you do. 25+25 = 50. The bar weighs 20. Put 15 on each side of the bar and press it for as many reps as you can.

There is your answer.

well been to the gym this morning and could do 10 reps with 70kg and even a 1 rep max of 90kg

and how did i make 2 threads the same retard

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

well been to the gym this morning and could do 10 reps with 70kg and even a 1 rep max of 90kg

and how did i make 2 threads the same retard

Because your other thread asked the same inane fucking question only minutes after/before you posted this one:

a/barbell
    b/dumbell (single one not the weight of the two)
    and can you put if the weights in kg or lb please
    Seeing that i didn't insult you in my post, it begs the question of why you're getting so goddamned defensive, snowflake? The only way you're going to know what you can lift is by lifting it, how are people on an internet forum going to predict what you can bench?

Now that you've tried it, congratulations! Was thinking of doing that all on your own so out of reach, mentally?
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

[QUOTE=Gazhole;1898959]

Because your other thread asked the same inane fucking question only minutes after/before you posted this one:

Seeing that i didn't insult you in my post, it begs the question of why you're getting so goddamned defensive, snowflake? The only way you're going to know what you can lift is by lifting it, how are people on an internet forum going to predict what you can bench?

Now that you've tried it, congratulations! Was thinking of doing that all on your own so out of reach, mentally?[/QUOTE

i wanted to know what you guys could bench with a barbell and bench with dumbbells to try and convert the two ive asked on other furums and have found the average to be about 3 times your dumbbell is your barbell so if you bench press 100 pound dumbbells(45kg) on a barbell you could do about 300lb (135kg)its not like that for everyone some could do 150kg some 120kg with same dumbbell weight (45kg)