• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why Do We Punish People Twice For a Crime?

Chubby

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Several decades ago, I had a co-worker who was very hard worker and good person. Everyone at my job liked him. One day after about six months of his employment, he was fired because he had criminal record many years ago. He had already done his time for his crime.

So, my question is why do we punish people twice for a crime? If we don't let these people work, then only option left for these people is to commit crime again to survive.
Please debate with open mind. :D

PS. Mino, don't attack me, just debate. :finger:

He might have been fired for lying. If he was asked if he was ever in jail and he said no, and later they found out he had been in jail... see ya

Several decades ago, I had a co-worker who was very hard worker and good person. Everyone at my job liked him. One day after about six months of his employment, he was fired because he had criminal record many years ago. He had already done his time for his crime.

So, my question is why do we punish people twice for a crime? If we don't let these people work, then only option left for these people is to commit crime again to survive.
Please debate with open mind. :D

PS. Mino, don't attack me, just debate. :finger:

I will rape you two times.

It depends a lot on what type of crime he committed and the type of type he is currently employed in.

If the guy was a pedo in the past I wouldn't want him teaching my kids.

why do we punish people twice for a crime

now just because someone doesn't get a job or loses a job you can't chalk it up to someone going prison. I didn't get a job one time and haven't been to prison.

Say you were an employer and had two other wise equal candidates only difference is one had been to prison the other hadn't. Who would you hire? Why?

I know it doesn't seem right, but that's how the penal system works. Once you're in the system it's a very immense mountain you must scale just to be treated on a level playing field, but you never really are.

He might have been fired for lying. If he was asked if he was ever in jail and he said no, and later they found out he had been in jail... see ya
Good answer..now we have to ask why people lie about it? It is because they believe if they don't lie, they won't get a job. Those criminal who try to find a job are the onese who want to move on with their lives and do the right thing. And we should give them a chance. If we don't give them a job, they will either rely on welfare or commit more crimes. It will also encourage other criminals to move on with their lives.

now just because someone doesn't get a job or loses a job you can't chalk it up to someone going prison. I didn't get a job one time and haven't been to prison.
'Speeding tickets and ignoring stop signs' don't count.

Because lying on a job application is a big deal, especially lying about security questions.

Can we ban Chobby?

At both of our jobs we were told to tell the whole truth, bring up everything including moving violations.

One little lie and your gone.

At both of our jobs we were told to tell the whole truth, bring up everything including moving violations.

One little lie and your gone.
Do you the employers will hire if someone tells the truth about their criminal record? :thinking:

I know it doesn't seem right, but that's how the penal system works. Once you're in the system it's a very immense mountain you must scale just to be treated on a level playing field, but you never really are.

You said "penal."

Can we ban Chobby?

then we will have to look for a new whipping boy. its like when danny left. we had to wait for chobby to show up.

How was he punished twice?

He committed a crime, there are repercussions.

then we will have to look for a new whipping boy. its like when danny left. we had to wait for chobby to show up.

Good point.

Chobby, do you have a criminal record?

How was he punished twice?

He committed a crime, there are repercussions.

Punishment one- Serving time for their crime in the prison.
Punishment two- Not giving them a job because of their criminal history.
punishment three- Not renting them apartment because of their criminal past...list goes on.

Once they have finished serving time for their crime, they should be allowed to work and rent a place to live. I don't understand what do we want these people to do.
We don't want them to commit crime.
We don't want to give them a job.
we don't want them to live near us.
How do we expect them to live their lives.

punishment three- Not renting them apartment because of their criminal past...list goes on.

Once they have finished serving time for their crime, they should be allowed to work and rent a place to live. I don't understand what do we want these people to do.

Austrailia

You point is kind of ridiculous.
It all depends on where they want to work, where they want to live.

"We don't want them to commit crime."
***you are coorect! we don't want them to commit crimes

"We don't want to give them a job"
***depends on the job.

"we don't want them to live near us"
*** true

"How do we expect them to live their lives"
*** personal responsability: THEY should have thought about those consequences prior.

Here's a little bit of hard truth:
Good, honest, hard working people do not want to be around the fuqqn' dregs. its called trust and safety. We want to be able to wake up in the morning, go to work, do what we have to do and come home to family/friends. We should not have to worry about being robbed, beaten, raped, killed. Should we?

Do you have kids, brothers or sisters? How about let a child molester who has just getten out of jail, come stay at your place with you and the kids while he gets on his feet? I bet your tone changes pretty quick.

Are there places for them to live and work? yep. But, as an employer, or leasing agent to use your examples...safety of my employees / tennants preceedes letting a convict work or live there.

BTW: what kind of crime?
Violent crimes? Fuq 'em. They should have been put down

Non-violent crimes? (drug users?) I personally think we waste too much $$ by imprisoning users. Sure. Give a non-violent drug user a 2nd chance.

You want to take a chance to see how prison 'cured' a violent criminal...repeat offender? let them move into your neighborhood, be around you, your friends and family...leave the doors open and unlocked...they can be trusted...they've done their time, bro-:thumb:

^^Good post.

You understand now chobby?

Back