- Track what you eat on something like FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal - if you don't gain, eat more.
- Make sure you eat plenty of fats - healthy ones, like olive oil, raw nuts, natural peanut butter, eggs, avocados, butter, fish oil
- Read that word. It should mean "in addition to, but optional" in your mind.
- Whey is an easy way to get in protein. Make your own weight-gainer shakes with it. Grind any kind of oatmeal to a flour. Get some dextrose from a place that sells winemaking supplies, it's cheap. In a blender, toss a scoop of protein powder, a scoop of oat flour, a scoop of dextrose, milk, ice cubes and some natural peanut butter or a shot of olive oil. Blend until creamy. Knock it back, think of the mass you're gaining.
- Fish oil, vitamin C, and a multi are all the other supps you'll need for now. If you really want to get fancy, get some good quality creatine monohydrate and toss a teaspoon a day into one of your shakes.
- Work your legs as much as your upper body
- Stick to heavy free movements in the 5-10 rep range for now - avoid machines, learn to perform proper bench, deadlift and below-parallel squats.
- Chinups > bicep curls. Work movement patterns rather than bodyparts.
- Balance your push with your pull
- You grow in the kitchen, not in the gym. There's no need for you to train 2 hours five days a week. three or four 40-60 minute lifting sessions ought to do it.
- Get some sleep.
There. Now go get JACKED!