Applying Your Contest Tan!
Applying Your Contest Tan!
Fellas I didn't know what board to post this on, so if it is off topic by all means monitors get rid of it.... but it might shed a little light for those competing.
Everyone's skin is somewhat different, but I have to admit that I stumbled on something that is so simple but so effective when applying various products for that perfect onstage look. At the NPC Mile High Championships this year I spoke with Chris Faildo after he guest posed. His tan was PERFECT. I know he is from Hawaii, but I had to ask how he does it. Here are the steps he explained:
1) Get a good base tan and start tanning every day or eod from 4-6 weeks out.
2) For three nights on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in a row use Jan Tana Pre-Scrub at night when you shower.
3) Some people shave on Wednesday night or Thursday (depending on if you get a slight irritation in the skin... everyone is different and doesn't want to appear that they hold water because of a full body rash).....either way apply ONE soldi coat of ProTan on Thursday night. Let this coat dry without wearing clothes for two hours. Take a light shower with no soap an hour or so before betime (as most of you know you should throw down an old blanket or sheets from here on out until the show is over).
4) Friday morning apply one more coat of ProTan. Again let dry for 1-2 hours without wearing clothes. Take a light shower, but this time take it at the 2 hour point.
5) If the weigh-ins are on Friday night.....either before weigh-ins or right after (doesn't matter, at this point focus on your meals instead of having the perfect tan at the weigh-in) apply your first coat of Jan Tana Competition Tan. This first coat might look a little blurry, but no worries. Let dry for 60 minutes and throw on some old clothes that minimize sweat.
6) That night sleep in those same clothes and keep the room cool. For one a cooler room in general will make you pee more and you will get rid of more water, and two it will actually HELP the tan smooth in better believe it or not. You will have areas that are lighter in the morning when you wake up, but in general it will look ok but a little light. Another off subject tip is if you do wake up at night kick your feet up on top of 2-3 pillows layin around the couch in the hotel you are stayin at. By all means don't lose sleep or stay like that the whole night, just every time you pee do this for 5-15 minutes.
7) After you eat your first meal in the morning apply another coat of Jan Tana Competition Tan. If you used the Pre-Scrub and did not use any lotions the week before the show, this coat should go on pretty nice and pretty darn dark. Let this one dry for awhile and sit on a chair in the room and watch some TV and carb up (or whatever depending on how you look).
8) Drive to the show for the competitors meeting or the weigh-ins if they are on Sat. morning.
9) This is important... get to a place where you can touch up your tan one last time. You CAN apply a whole other coat if you wish, but be careful not to build up too much because your skin can absorb only so much of the Jan Tana and it will look like a mess and start smearing if you overdo it.
10) Once backstage relax. Kick your feet up again and chill. Your tan should be perfect. Approximately 20-30 minutes before going onstage have someone apply Jan Tana Competition Oil. Be sure not to use too much. After you apply this you can pump up and hit the stage....all carbed up and hard as heck, veined out and ready to rock.
I used this same method and was extremely happy with my color at the Mr. Colorado. The pre scrub seemed to help before I started applying the tan. I thought it would be a waste, and I also thought mixing two products was ridiculous, but it worked. Any more experiences would be great if you guys have had them. I am not a big fan of dream tan, but I do admit that the stuff is 1000000 times easier.
Take care and good luck to everyone competing in the late fall shows...
- Rep Points
you surely make it around to all the forums don't you?
They are a great place to learn. I think that when I started out I learned more from the forums than anyplace else. I was making a ton of stupid mistakes until people weren't afraid to tell me that I was doing stuff wrong. The past 10 years or so have been different, but I have been on the forums bro since the old ug board, meso, and anabolex and have helped the hardcore athletes in the sport in a ton of ways. I have paid my dues, and then paid them some more, repeat many times... and I am still learning. I don't post negative crap and I try to help when I can.
I usually don't comment on negative posts because it is creepy to talk smack through a computer, but did you have a problem with me posting on various boards? If you do shoot me a pm cause public junk is not needed.
I suppose if Travis sees you making the rounds, he's doing the same.
Thanks for the post - nothing worse than seeing a crappy-looking tan on a competitor. After all that work, you might as well go the extra yard and really prepare the sculpture for display.
jimmachak, what do you think of the pre-performance application of DreamTan, followed by a light misting of "Pam" cooking spray some competitors use just before they go onstage?
Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started. Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test. Daredevils are Shredded
Find out why...
(Now you can find out why... in Hebrew
!) Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.
- Rep Points
Originally Posted by jimmachak.com
LOL no bro. It was just a comment is all.
No problem Travis... everything is cool...
As far as the Dream Tan application, I just had a bad experience with it so I am not sure how it would look with the Pam. My girl and I drove out to attend the Mr. Nevada in Reno this year. The overall winner of the women's bbing had a PERFECT tan. We asked her how she applied it. She said that she would put on one coat of protan (not Jan Tana), then spray on some Pam on Wednesday. She let it sit overnight. On Thursday she showered, put another coat on, and then sprayed on more Pam. She did not shower after this. On Friday and Saturday she did the same. Her husband said the Pam sealed in the protan.
I was going to try it, but after talking to Chris Faildo I was hooked on his approach. I would be interested to hear if the Pam does help the Dream Tan???
By titans1854 in forum Supplements
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 10:55 AM
By flexster in forum Supplements
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 01:08 PM
By Var in forum Supplements
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 11:25 PM