• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

weight gain

jag2815

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i need to gain weight for football. im 5'9" and weight 170...i have hardly any fat on me and very muscular but i need to know how to diet to gain more muscle mass and no fat...i lift weights regularly very intensely.

Go to the thread named "Best Nutritonal Threads"
and look up "Bulking with slow burners".
It has all the info you need.
Good Luck.

Increase your calories. I will let others go into which foods would be best. (Protein and complex carbs)

Good advice...you need to slowly increase your calories, stick w/ quality protein, healthy fats, and slow burning carbs.

If you want to post your diet and your age we can help a bit more.

Welcome to IM :hello:

Originally posted by jag2815
im in highschool goin into 10

Well then...you shouldn't be "dieting", but learning how to eat properly and healthfully (is that a word?) for your sport!

Do you want to post your diet so we can make some suggestions on it? :)

for breakfast i eat some gronola cereal not to much cuz i go to a track in the morning to run...after thaqt i eat campbells chuncky soup and a sandwhich...and a nutrigrain bar and a banana and two glasses of milk.. than i go lift weights for two hours..after that i do a protein shake..and later i eat dinner, hamburger with rice and verggies or steak ...etc

Originally posted by jag2815
for breakfast i eat some gronola cereal

after thaqt i eat campbells chuncky soup and a sandwhich...and a nutrigrain bar and a banana and two glasses of milk

after that i do a protein shake

later i eat dinner, hamburger with rice and verggies or steak ...etc

First problem is you aren't eating frequently enough! Its that not that bad because you seem to be getting 4 meals in, add 1 or 2 more and you're good to go.

As far as you're food choices, they are pretty bad, but not horrible. You're breakfast is horrible, carbs and fat is all you're getting, plus depending on how much cereal and milk you're getting, you're probably not getting enough calories.

You're second meal needs a lot of work too. Drop the soup. Whats in the sandwich? Forget the nutrigrain bar, the banana, and what kind of milk are you using(slim, 1%, 2%, whole)?

What do you put in your protein shakes?

Steak is good, hamburger is okay, drop the buns though and just eat the patty. Better yet eat a chicken breast instead of the hamburger. Rice (brown rice) is good, veggies are great!

Go to the top of the page where W8lifter has posted a thread called "Best Nutritional Threads" you will find a lot of useful information in there. DP has posted some diets in there that would work for you, but first you need to find your maintanance calories and adjust the portions so you are eating enough to sustain you're acitivities throughout the day AND so you could have enough to build some quality muscle along the way. Because you are active you will probably have to eat A LOT, but there is no way around that.

After you read the suggested thread, go ahead and post up a diet for yourself and we will gladly help you out with it.

Whatever you do, stick with a clean bulk. Meaning, dont just eat everything and anything trying to gain weight, make sure you eat a lot of quality high protein low fat foods.

Back