• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

? on blood sugar levels during the day

Redsol1

Pumpkin karver
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
O.K. geniuses here is what i need. My father-in-law is a "conditional" diabetic. Basicaly, his doctor says if he looses 20 pounds he can come off of his sugar medication. He also has a blood sugar monitor. he tests his BS level every morning and evening, but the readings can varey greatly. one morning he can get up and his sugar will be 145, and the next it could be 90. What we both want is a general outline of how sugar levels change during the day, and how diet can affect these sugar levels. His doctor doesn't have a clue of how to explane this.

here is an example. one evening he goes out to dinner, has fried shrimp, oysters, and a salad. the next morning his sugar is 165 (high according to his doctor). the next evening he comes over to my place, has spagettie (regular pasta, not whole wheat), garlic bread, and beer. the following morning his sugar is 90.

thank guys.

la'
Redsol1

Thanks W8! I have him on 200mg of ALA with each meal, but not chromium yet. I'll be adding that to his stack as well.

La'
Redsol1

Um....be careful...if he's already on medication for this, it could fuk w/ everything....RESEARCH first.

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending this :D

Originally posted by Redsol1
here is an example. one evening he goes out to dinner, has fried shrimp, oysters, and a salad. the next morning his sugar is 165 (high according to his doctor). the next evening he comes over to my place, has spagettie (regular pasta, not whole wheat), garlic bread, and beer. the following morning his sugar is 90.

Eating protein (and few carbs) the night before: less insulin released. End result is higher blood sugar.

Eating (lots of) carbs the night before: More insulin released so more sugar cleared from blood. End result is lower blood sugar.

Re: Re: ? on blood sugar levels during the day

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Eating protein (and few carbs) the night before: less insulin released. End result is higher blood sugar.

Eating (lots of) carbs the night before: More insulin released so more sugar cleared from blood. End result is lower blood sugar.

O.K.? so in this case, should he be eating a carb source before bed to raise his insulin levels to get his BS down?? If so how will this affect him Body fat wise?

W8, He's currently on Glucaphage. I'll hold off untill I find some more data

La'
Redsol1

I'm not a doctor so i don't know. And i don't know enough about the diabetic condition to even consider giving a/any suggestion(s).

But if he wants to drop 20lbs he's going to have to look at his calorie intake.

Back