• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gamers INput (PS2 or Xbox)

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok I need some of you gamers input. I'm gonna get my son and daughter one for Christmas. I was going to get a PS2, but now I'm leaning toward Xbox. It has lots better graphics. What else is there about each one I should consider? I was going to get it this weekend, but I might wait a couple more days before I make up my mind?

PS2 all the way. More games better control gr8 graphics, can't ask for more.

Played both...bought PS2. Better gameplay, better games! Madden 2003, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Silent Hill...can't beat it! Go with PS2!

I read some feedback on PS2 getting disk read errors real bad, and Sony won't warranty it. Anybody else seen that??

Originally posted by dg806
I read some feedback on PS2 getting disk read errors real bad, and Sony won't warranty it. Anybody else seen that??

Never had any problems with that I actually didn???t know about that problem until now that you said so.

Originally posted by bigss75
No even as fun as NCAA 2003

Have not played that one when I get bored with Madden then I???ll go with NCAA or maybe I???ll just ask Santa for it lol

IML Gear Cream!
sorry GP but Silent Hill 2 on the Xbox is alot better. My old roommate had PS2 and I have an Xbox and even he agreed SH2 was way better on the XBOX.

Also you'll notice almost 90% of the games on PS2 are coming out for Xbox as well. I'd go for the xbox. It also had Dolby 5.1 Surround build into it, so almost all the new games are using it. PS2 Doesn't have the hardware to be able to do this, I heard the next version will though.

And for all the people who hate the xbox controller they make an adapter cable to use the PS2 controllers on the xbox.

oh yeah, and check out Splinter Cell, it's the best console game I've ever played. It's totally strategy and not who has the fastest fingers. And the video, a freind of mine walked in during one of the cut scenes and they thought it was a real TV show.

xbox!!! don't own either of them myself, but have played both owned by friends. i don't know what the deal is over in america...but here u have to buy memory cards seperate for ps2 whereas xboxs come with 10 gig hard disk...so when u add on all the extras, xbox is cheaper for better graphics:thumb:

Originally posted by dvlmn666
sorry GP but Silent Hill 2 on the Xbox is alot better. My old roommate had PS2 and I have an Xbox and even he agreed SH2 was way better on the XBOX.

Also you'll notice almost 90% of the games on PS2 are coming out for Xbox as well. I'd go for the xbox. It also had Dolby 5.1 Surround build into it, so almost all the new games are using it. PS2 Doesn't have the hardware to be able to do this, I heard the next version will though.

And for all the people who hate the xbox controller they make an adapter cable to use the PS2 controllers on the xbox.

Never played Xbox SH2, so I'll have to trust you. Still like PS2 gameplay better, however, I'm sure Xbox will get better.

MBC and I bought a PS2 a couple of weeks ago. I'm with gopro on the GTA Vice City. Awesome game! MBC and I like the wrestling games the best though, because we enjoy beating the shit out of each other with tables, chairs, cameras, and ladders. :D

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
MBC and I bought a PS2 a couple of weeks ago. I'm with gopro on the GTA Vice City. Awesome game! MBC and I like the wrestling games the best though, because we enjoy beating the shit out of each other with tables, chairs, cameras, and ladders. :D

although vice city isn't really for kids :)

the wrestling game was $20! my kind of game!

and the SIMS is coming to PS2 in mid January!!

PS2. We've had one since last Christmas and haven't had any problems with it.

I did see a local gamers shop offering to take you're PS2 w/ 2 games and they'd give you a new Xbox with 2 games. That'd be a good deal if you found a PS2 cheap somewhere, like for 100 bucks or less. I'm sure I could come up with two crappy PS2 games.

God, my wife would cut my nuts off if I got an Xbox!

Well after much thought I bought the XBox tonight. It has a faster processor speed with built in hard drive and more memory. New games coming out will need the speed and graphics it has. Also it has a capabilty for hook up for live play on the internet(I have broadband already). And I bought the spider man game also for my son. He loves it. I played it in the store and it was pretty cool!

Well after much thought I bought the XBox tonight. It has a faster processor speed with built in hard drive and more memory. New games coming out will need the speed and graphics it has. Also it has a capabilty for hook up for live play on the internet(I have broadband already). And I bought the spider man game also for my son. He loves it. I played it in the store and it was pretty cool!

Good Choice! I say the XBox as well, but then again it could be the computer nerd in me talking. :lol:

PS2 :yes: no other choice

I have PS2 and think it's great but after doing some research have found out the following:
1. X-Box offers basically the same games as PS2 but Xbox versions of the same games have more boards and levels on many of them.
2. X-box loads alot quicker then PS2 less waiting during and prior to gameplay.
3. X-Box has a built-in memory. PS2 you have to buy memory cards and they are expensive and don't hold many games. (I have 3 M cards)
4. X-Box and PS2 graphics are very close. I wouldn't buy either system on that merit. There just too close to compare (tie)
5. X-box currently is giving you 2 games free with the system at the same price as PS2. $199.00
6. another tie. both offer internet gameplay (play against people around the world on some games)
7. PS2 is DVD ready to go. XBox you have to buy a port plugin. No big deal but an extra $45.00.

Note: Regardless of which system you decide, they both have upgrade cables and worth the $45.00. It makes the games and DVD movies even more clearer/sharp. I bought the cables for both systems.

by the way, I bought Xbox for my boys for Christmas this year.

...... And I bought the spider man game also for my son. He loves it.

Yeah, right..."bought it for my son", wink, wink!!

Originally posted by Vai Fan
Yeah, right..."bought it for my son", wink, wink!!
Yeah I told my wife I played it in the store and how cool it was. I said I can imagine me playing it Christmas Eve and waking them up!!

Originally posted by Prince
Do not support Microsoft!

buy PS2 instead! :p
I actually thought about it that way! But they probably have the best products, even if you like them or not.

I actually thought about it that way! But they probably have the best products, even if you like them or not.
I'll tell you one of the main reasons I went with XBox..................I have a Sony 48" big screen TV. The g-board went out a little after a year. It cost me $667 to fix it!! I got the worst customer service I have ever seen from them. I told myself I would never buy anything from Sony again!

Well, from a retail point of view, the PS2 is the better seller by far of the two systems, (sorry but I wouldn't buy a gamecube unless someone gave it to me)

The xbox does have better graphics but one nice advantage of the ps2 is that you can still play all the old ps1 games and they are still putting out many Greatest hits PS1 games.

I have a PS2 but i bought it before Xbox came out.
I would probably still buy a PS2 mainly cause they've been around longer. I thought they made PS2 to take some upgrading as well ?? Hence the big space inside when you take that cover off the back ??

I just bought Hitman2 :eek: Excellent game play, lots of blood (screw being silent) I got ranked "mass murderer" last night :D

Back