• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

For cardio's sake...

For cardios which is best???

• Riding a bike

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Running

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Dero

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Which is best running or biking?
I was always told that running was hard on your knees,ankles and joints,since most of the body weight is impacting on these joints,the harder the surface you run on,the more impact there is on them.(more damage/shinns splints,for example)
As oppose to biking (I'm not talking of extrem biking here)where the motion is of a natural one.

Requiered cardio vascular levels can be achieved by both,I don't deny that,but wouldn't it be better to bike?
Less damaging.

I put running just cause I like it better :)

But biking is probably much better for your joints although it hurts my knees at the beginning of the season.

Good,that's exactly what I'm looking for,I'm not going to give up riding but I wanna hear the whys and whynots...
:thumb: Scotty!!!!

Well Dero,
IMO i think that running(sprinting) is the best overall cardio and bodybuilding/strenghting exercise combined. That is if done in proper form with short all out sprints mixed with recovery intervals of either walking or jogging. Yes, running is hard on the body. Personally, i feel it is a matter of poor judgements that lead to problems when running. Such as improper shoes, too much too fast, improper nutrition, insuficeint rest- recovery -sleep and not taking into consideration running surfaces or changing from running flat ground to hills.

Aslo, I don't feel that the body is designed to run for long periods of time. I feel that most people who run long distance cannot hold proper form and do more damage than good to their body.

To me it takes more cardio stamina to run in proper form than to bike at an intense level. In my words as to how it feels while running, i feel i am working my body from head to toe. Completely involving every muscle in me to maintian the proper form while trying to run as fast as i can for as long as i can. Its an all out rush that i haven't been able to get from biking.

I might add, that my body is in better shape when running vrs biking.

It takes more muscles to maintain proper form while running, involving all your muscels. I feel more physical fit when running vrs biking. Course, if you bike hills now that might change it up a little bit. Unfortunately, my bike is not up to the vigorous beating it would take doing that. That might change my oppinion on this. Once i get a "real" bike, i'll have to let you know. [ i doubt it will thou, i love to run!] and besides, running hills is harder than biking them... hehe =o??

Ok Chanota,we've had this discussion before you and I.
I just want to hear people's view on this topic,so up to now it seems that it's a personal preference,like Scotty stated,and like Chanota stated it's an all out body rush...
(but no running tonight!!! :p )

Snowing there Dero?

We finally got winter here on monday and it hasn't stopped snowing since.

No snow just COLD
It's hiberrrrrrrrrnating time...Ask dino!!!

I said biking because like you, over time it can be hard on your joints. And I hate running..................Running may get you in better shape, but you won't last as long!

i like to run outside, i can't run on tredmils but it gets too cold in winter to run outside so i stick to bikes. In the summer i also mountian bike, i did since i was 10, i love the sport.

I think they are both good, i have never had problems with my joints running nor biking.

I'm not convinced that running is better ;)

One - I hate running. You want me to run? Better have a Bear, Tiger, etc. coming after me. (Clock me, and I'll be the fastest animal on the plant ;) )

Two - I LOVE riding my bike. Although I only live a couple of miles from where I work, during the warmer months, I ride my bike.

I used to play soccer alot but messed my ankles and knees up a bit. Honestly, running is probably better, but not all of us can do it anymore. Biking is just easier on the joints, and is a hell of lot more fun.

I've heard that swimming is about the best exercise there is. We have an indoor pool where I live. If it's true, I might start doing a bit O swimming in the future (Ahh, nothing like that chlorine burn, eh? :) ) (hehe, not to go on a tangent)

IML Gear Cream!
Both are good...there are a lot of misconceptions out there regarding running being too hard on the joints. When running the trick is to ensure adequate rest periods are taken and to add variety. For example...when running one day perform hill training, another day intervals, another long slow steady pace, rest, do fartlek runs, etc. Just don't run say 10km a day everyday. Biking has its downfalls too...contrary to popular thoughts the knees are not in a natural position, it leads to tight hamstrings, lower back strain, neck problems, etc. It also takes a lot of lower body strength to elevate the heart rate since the upper body muscles are involved.

If you're going to run make sure you learn proper form....if you're going to bike, also learn proper form. I would suggest a solid combination of both!

high intensity spirints are the only way that I can handle cardio. I only do cardio the last couple of weeks of a cut. I hate it so much!!!!!

I would choose biking because I simply hate running. I'm actually not that slow, but I can't run for very long. If given the choice I would probably power walk: it's easier on the joints, won't cause problems, and is supposedly the best exercise for you (it's either that or swimming that's the best for you, but I don't have a pool so I wouldn't really have that option).

Running's far more effective for substantial changes re: weight loss and toning, but much harder on the joints, though some are lucky and never seem to feel it. I've riden a bike for hours on end and find that it tones but won't provide the kind of actual weight and size loss that quickly results from serious running (not jogging).

Biking's more enjoyable or course, probably why it's preferred by many. Not even in the same category for fitness though.

Back