• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Input on Teenage Training

ponyboy

Training Trainer
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey folks,

Just wanted to get some input from all the fellow trainers on the board. I recently acquired a new client who is 14 years old and is being groomed for the Canadian National Soccer Team...his parents want him to get some one on one training before his summer training begins full out. After talking to both his parents and him (separately) they want him to train for agility and speed, while he wants to train for strength because he gets knocked around a lot.

I know that serious weight training at that age is not great because his bones are still growing, however are there any weight bearing exercises besides bodyweight ones he can do safely? I also have him working on balance and agility (stability training) but I know he really wants to bulk up a bit. Any input would be appreciated.

Its a myth that a 14 year old can't train with weights b/c it might stunt growth. He can do everything as long as the form is good and the weights are not too heavy. Keep everything in the 10-15 range and all will be fine.

I agree with Gopro, i'd also address his diet as well, that will probably make the biggest difference in putting on some mass.

Yeah, I already told his mother to watch out because I'm going to get him to start eating everything in sight (j/k).

Thanks for the input.

I have been lifting since I was 14 although it was for football. the common myth of stunting growth is just not true. I am the tallest in my family. i kept growing and putting on mass at the same time I just stopped noticing growth last year at the age of 20. and you cannot play any sort of sports without some sort of strength training nowadays. i played collage ball for 2 years and I dont think I would have got the scholarship without the help of weight training it made me faster, stronger, helped with coordination etc. I think improper form of squats and deads at an early age combined with the typical teenage diet is the result for a growth stunts.

slow

Back