• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Zinc Absorbtion

tucker01

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My wife went to the naturopath today, because of reoccuring ear infections. Mindless of the comments I made about changing her diet to see if that would have any impact.

Anyway, the naturopath, deterimined amoung other things that she had a zinc deficiancy. When she came home she asked me to try Zinc Sulfate, 7-hydrate solution and she would be able to determine whether I have enough zinc in my diet. It breaks down like this:

Category 1: Strong immediate, identifiable taste, means adequate zinc intake

Cat 2: Slightly strong unpleasent taste in 3-6 seconds means you could supplement with a multi.

Cat 3(my wife): Definite, though not strongly unplesant taste in 6- 10. Means additional Supplementation of Zinc

Cat 4: Taste develops within 10-15 sec means you are zinc defiecient and definately need to supplement zinc

Cat 5: no specific zinc taste or sensation. Means you have little or no zinc in your diet, or do not metabolize zinc properly.

Anyway so I tried a tsp and the only taste I had was like water, now I am spoked that I am not properly absorbing zinc. Zinc is essential for proper immune function, protein synsthesis, blood stability, formation of insulin, contractility of muscles...

Any opinions? will this inhibit any growth?

IDF

Look at you finger nails....search for why, and zinc deficiency...I have to go sorry :D

It doesn't take a lot of zinc only about 15-30 mgs.....and too much throws off copper balance :D

DP

It is definately important, especially when lifting weights. Try a good ZMA product and do not take with milk or calcium products.

So, I did a little search to find out that white dots in your finger nails, could be an indicator of Zinc or Iron deficiancy. Two of my nails have a white mark near the end of the nail, but couldn't that also be a sign of a period when my body had some deficiancies while fight some sort of bacteria.

On the other side of the coin, what if my body doesn't efficiently absorb zinc, can that be reversed.

I also take a multi everday.

IDF

Check to see if it has zinc...............it should.

Yeah not much about 5 mgs. But I suppose I get zinc from other sources as well!

I'd still check into a good ZMA(like optimum..............cheap and good)

Originally posted by IainDaniel
So, I did a little search to find out that white dots in your finger nails, could be an indicator of Zinc or Iron deficiancy. Two of my nails have a white mark near the end of the nail, but couldn't that also be a sign of a period when my body had some deficiancies while fight some sort of bacteria.

On the other side of the coin, what if my body doesn't efficiently absorb zinc, can that be reversed.

I also take a multi everday.

IDF

Good...now can you post the signs of deficiency please...hard for me to do now? :d

Your multi probably a cheaper form of zinc.......if you can....because of the nutritional program you are on and the extra water....an Iron-free Multi mineral at dinner would be advised.......one with chelated minerals is best :D

dp

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
Good...now can you post the signs of deficiency please...hard for me to do now? :d

Your multi probably a cheaper form of zinc.......if you can....because of the nutritional program you are on and the extra water....an Iron-free Multi mineral at dinner would be advised.......one with chelated minerals is best :D

dp

What's chelated and why's it important? :D

IML Gear Cream!
Symptoms of Zinc Deficiency

Deficiencies of zinc have been linked to:
Delayed skeletal maturation and defective mineralization of bone (monkeys)
Weight loss
Intercurrent infections
Hypogonadism in males
Lack of sexual development in females
Growth retardation
Dwarfism
Delayed puberty in adolescents
Rough skin
Poor appetite
Mental lethargy
Delayed wound healing
Short stature
Diarrhea
Pneumonia
Stretch marks (striae)
White spots on fingernails
Reduction in collagen turnover and synthesis (in chicks)
Reduction in collagen (in humans)
Poor Immune system
Acne
Cross-linking of collagen
Hyaluronic acid abnormalities (in swine)
Defective connective tissue
Macular degeneration
Cataracts (in salmon)

http://www2.gvsu.edu/~pontiusd/zinc.html

I will start supplementing with a multi-mineral

IDF

What to look for in a Multi-mineral Supp? Seem's like Nature's Plus is the brand of Choice, but I don't think that is availble in Canada?

IDF

Originally posted by w8lifter
What's chelated and why's it important? :D

I have very short term access here...so I asked the questions, you guys do the research.......chelating a mineral....or amino acid chelating (Nature's Plus process)...makes a mineral more assimilible.

For instance what to look for....something as simple as Cal/Mag/Zinc (and a good resons for chelation is that most calciums are only 29-41% absorbable, always take w/food...HCL improves this).....or a full blown mineral with copper, zinc, cal, mag, pottasium, iodine, manganese, and sometimes molybenum.

I don't know Canadian Brands...sorry? :D

DP

Ok, I am not an alcoholic, so that is probably not the problem:D, from do a few searches on the net, I think it probably has to do with the type of diet I am on, in specific the Water intake, causing loss of zinc through urination.

Anyway with that said, any Canadians, no a reputable brand of Multi-vitamins, and Multi-Minerals?

Thanks
IDF

Back