• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

protein bars

mit37

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i am currently trying to cut was wondering what protein bars are good for cutting.... all of the protein bars i run into seem to have high GI carbs... are there any that dont have hight GI carbs or that dont have carbs at all..... THanx

I'm afraid the answer is pretty much none, otherwise it would taste like a bar of powder. This is why protein bars are "akin" to candy bars.

The binders are often gelatin based which is worthless protein, and they have been lying about carb content for some time (honey etc). Law now says they can't do that, but I have heard it is continuing.

Most bars have too much sugar for cutting and many have lots of carbs! For cutting you definately don't want them! You need to stick with good high protein foods and slow burning carbs. And drink 5 or so liters of water a day!

There are folks making your own bars, not sure how fabulous it would come out but it would be convenient if you need on the go stuff.

Here's some good info on Protein Bars and why they are not good during a cut! :D

I agree...if you're cutting bars should pretty much be a last resort. It's poor quality protein and very poor quality carbs....usually high GI and obviously no fiber.

If you're in a pinch some are obviously better than others though.....check the sugar contents as well as total sugar and ALWAYS make sure to account for the missing cals like sugar alcohols...they're supposed to be listed these days but I still notice it's not always the case. If you end up having the bar I try and pay attention to the calories and make sure it fits into my daily totals.

I agree with everything above. I just want to add that tri-o-plex bars are something I discovered at the Arnold Classic (there booth was next to ours).

These bars are oat based, so the carbs are better then most. Also the taste is pretty damn good, though unlike any other bar. Trouble is they are hard to find.

Still detours and uturns are my favorite.

Back