• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Strength is relative to.....

P-funk

Patrick
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
In my opinion there are 4 variables that strength is relative to. If train with in these variables we will get stronger.

Strength is relative to:

1) The range of motion we train in. We are only as strong as the range of motion we train in. If we do not do a full range of motion for our exercises we will not be able to generate proper amount of force in the range of motion that we have not trained if and when we need it, it simply wont be there. So use a full range of motion.

2) The plane of motion we train in. We must make sure that we train all of our planes of motion(Transverse plane..think bench press, flyes. Frontal plane..think wide grip pull ups, wide grip pulldowns, millitary press. Sagital plane...think squats, close grip pull downs, close grip rows, dips. Just a few examples). Just because we are strong in one plane of motion does not mean that we a strong in another. Movement in everday life happens in a three planes of motion and in between all three planes of motion. Make sure you are hitting all three planes of motion, not only to stimulate the muscles differently but also for injust prevention.

3) The intent of speed. Because the human body is mostley 3rd class levers we are at the greatest disadvantge to produce force (because the resistance is furthest from the fulcrum(axis of rotation.). However, this puts us at a great advantage for producing speed. If we train super slow we are telling out body that it is okay to produce force at a super slow speed. This then leads to super slow motor patterns and super slow recruitment of fibers. Then when and if we need to apply force quickly it simply wont be there because are motor patterns aren't functioning that way. Always intend on moving the weight as fast as you can. If you are benching 400lbs the bar may be moving slowly but that is the fastest you can move that bar, that is the quickest rate that you can produce force. If however you take 100lbs and move it super slow you are compromising this ability your body has to producev force. If you can move the weight to quickly then it is to light. Up the weight, intend on moving it as fast as possible and it will happen.

4) The environment we train in. In order to be skill full we must be able to reach our goal in any environment under any type of variables. If I am on a basketball court shooting lay ups I may make 8 out of 10. Now change the environment to a game situation and I may only make 2 out of 10..I am not skill full. Michael Jordan on the other hand is skill full. Look at a squat. What is the goal?? To go down as far as you can and then come back up. Now If I can squat 315 for 10 reps that is great. Now change the environment....Do it on one leg or do it on a wobble board or an Aero pad. Now I am no longer skillfull with that weight. By training our bodies in multiple envirmonments we will be able to then accomplish our goals that much easier in our usual environment (ie squating 315lbs with both feet on the ground).

Train hard.

-Patrick

Good insights, thanks for sharing.

Back