• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What music do you dig?

What music do you dig?

• rap/hip hop

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • r@b/soul

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • rock/alternative

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • country

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • classical

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • opera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pop

• techno

• reggae

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

oaktownboy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i hope i covered everything...gr got me curious

Wsup Oakdogg, Glad I could inspire yet another thread. You should've been able to have more than one choice. Besides the obvious, I gotta say that I love tha reggae also. Bob marley is the best:thumb:

Multiple.

OMG you did not put HOUSE music on there :hair:

i ran out of space!!:cry:

Classic Rock

RAP & ROCK ! some techno

Holy shit !!! People actually put rap into the music category. Such musically vacant intellectually absent horse shit. Maybe not horse shit... That has a use as fertilizer... RAP has no use...

Question: What is music?

Answer: Webster's dictionary says music is the "art of the rhythmic combination of tones, vocal or instrumental, embracing melody and harmony especially when pleasing to the ear.

Question: What is Rap?

Answer: Rap is not music. It does not use any musical instruments. Unlike all other conventional music generes there is no special instrument associated with Rap. Rap does not embrace melody or harmony and it certainly is not pleasing to the ear.

Question: What is the reality of Rap?

Answer: "It doesn't take any talent to "do" Rap music. Rappers don't sing at all, but instead they stand there waving their arms in their oversized clothes, most of which are spacious enough to carry 13 semiautomatic weapons. They talk (not sing) and try to act tough like they are trying to scare someone. The background consists of distorted bass which seems the same in every song. A rap song is a 3 second sampled clip repeated over and over for the length of the song. The combination of the base and trying to talk tough yield an awful sounding song that is so bad that I would rather listen to a vacuum."

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Realistically drums are used in rap (electronic and or percussion), and keyboard FX stuff.

I agree with awsof, no instruments = not real music! Just a bunch of bad noice .... and sorry people electronic devices are not instruments (maybe instruments of torture) That is like saying I can fly a plane because I did on my computer.

In the words of Ozzy .... Rock and Roll!!!!!! :thumb:

Originally posted by awsof
Holy shit !!! People actually put rap into the music category. Such musically vacant intellectually absent horse shit. Maybe not horse shit... That has a use as fertilizer... RAP has no use...

Answer: Webster's dictionary says music is the "art of the rhythmic combination of tones, vocal or instrumental, embracing melody and harmony especially when pleasing to the ear.

Answer: Rap is not music. It does not use any musical instruments. Unlike all other conventional music generes there is no special instrument associated with Rap. Rap does not embrace melody or harmony and it certainly is not pleasing to the ear.

Answer: "It doesn't take any talent to "do" Rap music. Rappers don't sing at all, but instead they stand there waving their arms in their oversized clothes, most of which are spacious enough to carry 13 semiautomatic weapons. They talk (not sing) and try to act tough like they are trying to scare someone. The background consists of distorted bass which seems the same in every song. A rap song is a 3 second sampled clip repeated over and over for the length of the song. The combination of the base and trying to talk tough yield an awful sounding song that is so bad that I would rather listen to a vacuum."

hey ArduousM and awsof,
OMFG. I am hesitant to even respond to this b/c what ever I say will mean nothing to you, I can tell from your statements that you are closeminded people that don't have the intellignece to think before you make idiotic generelizations about something you know NOTHING about. I cannot believe that some people actually are still that one dimensional. I don't know if I can even respond to this BS that you guys are saying b/c how can you take it seriously. Is this just to bate me into an argument?? I would love to debate with you on your preious statements but honestly I don't know if a civil debate is possible with someone who is so socially and racially bias, not to mention stereoticpical and close minded. You both obviously know NOTHING about the rap inudustry, so how can you generalize like this? just b/c YOU don't relate to it, and just b/c YOU don't understand it, that means it it useless?? that is pretty pressumptious of you, not to mention ignorant.
I for one hate country music, but you don't see me saying that it isn't music and it is garbage, no. Obviously someone likes it and works hard at it, just b/c I am not into it doesn't mean I am going to make a bunch of generalized statements, that would make me look foolish.
Leys take a look at your defn of music. It says that music needs rythmic tones and melody. By your statement we can conclude, according to you, that every rap song ever made has no tune, melody, or instrumental influence of any kind, they are all just acapella?? interesting, but wrong. Going by your logic choir groups do not perform "music". Infact since we are going by dictionary defnitions, go and take alook at the defn of rap, I bet you it will mention that it is a form of music, so by that rational your whole argument is flawed, since you wanna go by the dictionary defn.
Infact, lets define rap shall we. this is the websters definition of rap.
rap:
n : genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical
accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged [syn: rap]
There you go, your whole argument holds no water.
You say that rap doesn't have any musical instruments, when most music nowadays, even rock, uses turntables and a mixer. Most pop music nowadays is not done with the original instruments either, they use drum machines and synthesizers to make their music, so is all that not music either?
The fact that you say rap takes no talentless and it isn't pleasing to the either, that is all a biased opinion, nothing more. If you don't like it fine, but to say it is talentless tells me that you have no idea what goes into making a song.
So every genre of music is supposed to focus on the issues that you find acceptable and every thing else is unacceptable huh? It doesn't matter that what these people talk about, alot of them are going through, b/c YOU don't relate to it. They should all drop off that face of the earth or abide to your prerequisites and guidelines. I see. You know, I would not have a problem with you two if you just kept your mouths closed, or if you just said that you don't like it, but to insult the art form is to insult the people that follow it and I am one of those people. It is a pretty archaic way of thinking you two have, If You don't like it then it is dumb. In fatc it is more along the lines of the way a child would think. The fact is that your statements lack rational thought, or any information of any kind, they are just your opinions, so next time KEEP YOU FUCKIN OPINIONS TO YOURSELVES, or have some substance to back up your claims. maybe that way you two wouldn't sound like children.:attitude:

Originally posted by ArduousMeister
I agree with awsof, no instruments = not real music!

I believe Eskimo women do not use instruments, they just huff and growl, kind of interesting stuff.

:wtf:

uummmm Eskimo Pie:nanner:

Originally posted by gr81
I would love to debate with you on your preious statements but honestly I don't know if a civil debate is possible with someone who is so socially and racially bias, not to mention stereoticpical and close minded.

I don't give a shit what you say about anything else, it was just my opinion, nothing more. I am not here to debate that, but I cannot understand how you can call me a racist, that I take a huge offence to. How do you even know what colour I am, does it matter? You, my friend, by making that statement shows just how narrow minded you are!!

As far as the rest of your statement goes, if you would have deleted the ignorant comment above I would have respected your opinion.

As you yourself said:
next time KEEP YOU FUCKIN OPINIONS TO YOURSELVES, or have some substance to back up your claims

I listen to almost everything ... classical, rap, rock, country, blues, jazz, opera, soul, hip hop. My musical tastes are dependant on how I feel at any certain point and time.

To have an opinion is one thing, but to generalize a whole genre as "not real music" is ignorant and offensive to me.

By the way AM, I said racially bias, and it was not directed at you, it was directed at awsof b/c of his comments towards the people who make this music. He was the one that said all rappers are talentless and useless, and they talk about unimportant issues. As a matter of fact most of my whole post was directed at him, I just mentioned your name b/c you agreed with him so you can relax. I am in no way narrow minded, I am always open to conversing with resorting to name calling, I am down to agrue the facts and I can accept when I am wrong or I don't knwo what I am talking about, in fact, if I don't know about a subject you won't see me trying to talk like I do, b/c I am not narrow minded.

By the way fellas, the threads name is "what music do you dig?", not what music do you think is horrible, so what does the fact that you guys don't like rap have anything to do with anything, there was no reason to sart badmouthing it. If that is your opinion, great, no one is asking You to like the shit, but keep it to yourself unless you can back up the shit you are talking.

For me, its primarily metal (everything but hair band stuff) - classical when I'm in the mood which is similar to some of the metal I listen to (Yngwie, etc), soft jazz is nice sometimes, and I also like 80s pop, and electronica/techno stuff. Blues is nice sometimes, but I dont listen frequently.

IML Gear Cream!
metal, heavy, just like the way i like too lift:lifter:

hey awsof, you say rappers are useless, there is no talent involveed in writing rhymes, well I will have you notice the use of alliteration and descriptive imagery used in this verse by 2pac:

"Polishin' pistols, prepare for battle, pass the pump
When I get to poppin', niggas is droppin', and then they done
Callin' the coroner, come collect the fuckin' corpse
He got hit by a killer, preoccupied with bein boss
Revenge is the method, whenever steppin', keep a weapon close
Adversaries will overdose over deadly notes
Jealous niggas and broke bitches equal packed jails
Hit the block and fill your pockets makin' crack sales
Picture perfection pursuin' paper with a passion
Visions of prison for all the pussies that I'm blasin'
Running with criminal, individuals with no remorse
Try to stop me, my pistol posse using deadly force
In my brain, all I can think about is fame
The police know my name, a different game, ain't a thing changed
I'm seeing cemetery photos of my peers
Conversatin' like they still here, if I die tonite"

AND one more, since you say they all talk about the same thing likehtey are trying to scare someone, read this heart felt ballad also written by Pac. Much more poetic and symbolic than anything you ahev ever written I am sure.

"Come listen to my truest thoughts
My truest feelings
All my peers
Doing years
Beyond drug dealing
How many caskets can we witness?
Before we see it's hard to live this life without God
So we must ask forgiveness
Ask mama why I got this urge to die
Witness the tears falling free from her eyes
Before she could reply
Though we were born without a silver spoon
My broken-down TV
Show cartoons in my living room
(hey)
One day I hope to make it
A player in this game
Mama, don't cry
Long as we try
Maybe things change
Perhaps it's just a fantasy
A life where we don't need no welfare wish
Without our family
Maybe it's me that cause it
The fighting and the hurting
In my room crying
'Cause I didn't wanna be a burden
Watch mamma open up her arms to hug me
And I ain't worried 'bout a damn thing
With unconditional love"

That is all

Man you need to make jaz one of the top options - how could you in good concious roll it all up into "other"?

Originally posted by awsof

well said! rap is for morons. Here we go again :box: :rofl:

gr81, I grew up with a little rap, and I still do not understand Gangsta rap at all. I am going to try to keep my statements reserved, but the above stuff looks like a bunch of hooey to me, bitches hoes and killin thugs - whats the point. I had heard amazing claims that Eminem (when he was new) was the next Shakespear, so I was willing to give a listen - the whole reasoning was because he could rhyme in complete sentences, oh yeah lets talk about killing his wife what a great lyricist.

Rap was acceptable to me when it was Hammer time, this new stuff just hits the wrong spot IMO. I see no point.

As a non violent person who did not grow up selling drugs or pimpin dem hoes, it just seems discusting to me. I am not Don the Magic Juan and I am not Snoop Dogg, and I dont understand the need to be who they are. Being a pimp is no better than being a slave master.

I love my niggaz, but wheres my bitches - why do you look at me like that I am an artist, its not like I mean what I say :rolleyes:

Rock of course that's what the "RnR" stands for Rock N Roll! Favorites:
OZZY
Metallica
ACDC
GNR
VH
& all '80"s Hair Metal (Bon Jovi, Ratt, Def Leppard, Warrant, Whitesanke, etc. etc. etc.)

some fucking haters in here, the fact that rap is outselling all the other music put together is fact, so it must be that A LOT OF people are listening to it !!!!!!!! ROLL ON

AND TO ALL THE RAP HATER, BACK THE F UP OR GET SLAPPED THE F UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ja jest hatz da peeple whose loves to hatz otta peeplz cuz it just keeps feedin on itselv like a mofu lp spinnin in circles - no matta what speed yaz playit - its da same stuff - goes round and round and rund. Fuk Ya.

Hey I think I got me a new rap album started...

Back