• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How much rest time between sets do you have?

sikunt

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was just wondering on what peoples rest times between sets are for diferent excersises!!!!! :)

I try to keep the rest breaks at or under two minutes, a little longer if I am squatting..more or less

30 to 90 seconds rest, no more.

About 3 minutes for leg squats (hacks), and 80 seconds on the stopwatch for everything else which ends up about 90 seconds. I used to do 2 minutes.

All depends what I'm doing. If I'm doing Power- 3 minutes, If I'm going for Rep range- 60sec-90sec. Shock or Supersets- till I catch my breath, usually 45sec-60sec. :thumb:

i tend to leave 2-3 mins inbetween most sets

if i try dropping my rests to a minute i find i can not lift as heavy, and i feel its better to rest a extra minute and lift more then either struggling on with that weight or dropping it

might switch it about in a few weeks to shock my muscles a lil

peace

1 to 3 min. depending on how heavy the work out is.

Same pretty much as everyone else - about 2 minutes.

Now you guys are tempting me to go back to 2 minutes :lol:

IML Gear Cream!
Thanx guysss
I used to rest about 1-2 minutes on everything...but i think that might change now ;)

Almost exactly like Rock does, I rest 60 seconds to 3 minutes depending on rep range being used.

When I lift by myself I usually try to get two sets in for each song, when I lift with a partner I usually rest as long as it takes him to his set, except for bench which is usually his set plus about a minute, switch and again.
I tried timming before but this method works better for me, one less thing to think about.

The time it takes to get a drink of water and walk back to where I am doing my current exercise.

Originally posted by once was fat
The time it takes to get a drink of water and walk back to where I am doing my current exercise.
So do you get a drink of water after each exercise?:D

Yeh I get a drink of water after each exercise, however I dont sit there and pound gallons of water each time. Just enough to wet my mouth a couple of deep breaths and off I go.

Rock is there something wrong with getting a drink of water after each exercise. Im not getting smart just curious. Is this bad?

I wouldn't think that it will hurt...I occasionally walk to the fountain in between sets for water as well. Just don't take too long.

Rock is there something wrong with getting a drink of water after each exercise. Im not getting smart just curious. Is this bad?

I dont see how, I have a sip after nearly every set. On the other hand peices of my brain have been leaking out of my left nostril and I have no explanation for this :confused:

I have never timed my rest time but it???s usually the time that it takes me to change the weights on the bar and so on. Sometimes I take a bit longer, it depends how I feel.

IML Gear Cream!
Nothing wrong at all. I carry a water bottle though. In my gym, if you walk away to the water fountain, you come back and find other people on whatever piece of equipment you were using. To me, if you go get water after every set that's alot of equipment forfeiture! :D

But it is good to drink water while working out. I drink at least 1.5-2 liters during my workout.

damn, rock, I think you'd get a cramp for putting down that much water while working out...

Originally posted by Burner02
damn, rock, I think you'd get a cramp for putting down that much water while working out...
Not at all. Now my rest periods are a bit longer too!

is that just for lifting, or including cardio as well?

Just lifting. I have trouble drinking at all during cardio!

damn..don't think I could do that.
I hate cardio..hence..my extra layer of 'winter insulation'....

I go back to mids next week...that mans a small window to workout in...
If i don't get up in time, or something happnes, I miss the workout..very annoying...

You can decrease your rest period by doing (more) cardio. I used to work out with guys that didn't run and they hated me pushing them to get under the bar.

will switch up in January to faster paced workouts, but for now, am trying to push up my weights..

On average, thirty seconds to a minute. Usually a minute, except when training calves.

Occasionally I'll do a routine ROB-style, in which case I'll rest for only fifteen to twenty seconds.

Yup i'm with Dante, my rests are in the region of 1 minute. I think you get the muscles used to fast recovery and intense controlled lifting but loose some strength in the process.

Back