• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Giving GVT a go !!!

ians

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I needed to change my routine and in the past have read numerous articles on GVT and its success at adding muscle while helping you through strength plateau's !

So i started it 3 weeks ago - and WOW :eek: - i hadnt had a deep muscle soreness like this for quite some time !!

My split is :-

Mon - Chest / Back
Wed - Legs / Biceps
Fri - Shoulders/triceps

I have been doing 10 sets of 6 reps for my main exercise for each bodypart followed by 3 sets of 10 for the secondary exercise for that bodypart for e.g.

Chest / Back workout :-

10 x 6 - Bench Press
10 x 6 - Pullups (weighted)
3 x 10 - Incline DB Press
3 x 10 - BB Rows
Abs to finish

I also increase the load four to five percent every workout for two workouts in a row, and I reduce the target rep by one rep for every weight increase. Then I reduce the weight four to five percent and increase the rep bracket to its original starting point.
example :-

Bench Press
Week 1 - 10 x 6 - 100kgs
Week 2 - 10 x 5 - 105kgs
Week 3 - 10 x 4 - 104kgs
Week 4 - 10 x 6 - 105kgs
Week 5 - 10 x 5 - 110kgs
Week 6 - 10 x 6 - 115kgs
Week 7 - Test week - i should now be able to lift 110kgs for 3 x 10 reps !

As i said before - its going very well so far !! Just wanted to know if anyone here had tried it with any results/gains ???

Let us know ! :thumb:

14 views and not a single reply ! Cheers !

GVT? German Volume Training? I am about to finish a cycle of 8 sets of 8 reps. I do agree on the sorness, especially in the legs. I didn't increase weight that often.

Never done GVT, interested to see how you progress. How long have you been lifting and what does your routine on Wed and Fri look like?

Plus, any traps, calves, or forearms thrown in there?

Heres my routine :-

Monday:- Chest / Back
Bench Press - 10 x 6
Weighted Pullups - 10 x 6
Incline DB Press - 3 x 10
BB Row - 3 x 10
Abs

Wednesday - Legs / Biceps
Squats - 10 x 6 (absolute killer)
BB Curls - 10 x 6
Lying Leg Curl - 3 x 10
Alt DB Curls - 3 x 10
Standing Calf Raise
Abs

Friday - Shoulders / Triceps
Behind Neck Press - 10 x 6 (done on smith machine)
CG Bench Press - 10 x 6
DB Shoulder Press - 3 x 10
Lying Tricep Extension - 3 x 10
Upright Rows - 3 x 10
Abs

The exercises used are those which (for me) recruit the most muscle mass and are generally compound exercises i.e. bench press, pullups, bb rows etc.

The deep muscle soreness i have got from the first 3 weeks is amazing !! Just have to make sure your nutrition, recovery etc is up to par - otherwise you would overtrain and probably lose muscle mass !!

Here is the complete literature on GVT !!! - see attached !!

Cool, looks good ians. Thanks for posting. Keep us updated of your gains!

rock4832 - what is that picture in your signiture.

And about gvt, i've read alot about it but never tried it. I might give it a try next month.

That's Strider, or Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. Right now I'm doing Gopro's W/O. That is awesome!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about trying that, sounds nice.
Rock, have you always had that quote from Dune in ur sig? I never noticed before. Dune > All other books

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Mindless
I'm thinking about trying that, sounds nice.
Rock, have you always had that quote from Dune in ur sig? I never noticed before. Dune > All other books
No mindless. I didn't put that there till this last weekend. I love that quote. I though Dune was great and the second book. Then they started to irritate me. The first was an amazingly good book though!:thumb:

Ians -

I've done 3 cycles of GVT and each time I loved it more than the other .. there is nothing like 10X6 squats .. I've never done a split like yours though .. I've always been afraid of doing that amount of volume for shoulders .. I've always done Chest / Back, Arms / Delts and then a day for legs with Squats and SLDL's .. Your split looks interesting and I may give it a try .. I just finished 6 weeks of GVT two weeks ago and will probably do another one in March.
Good luck,

Now into my fourth week and all is still going v.well :) !! Am looking forward to the 7th week (test week) to see if i have improved my strength :thumb:

Back