• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Creatine = The runs. Solution?

BlueCorsair

The Blue Corsair
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alright, I just started the loading phase of a creatine supplement that successfully passed GoPro's own "look over" a month or so ago.

Problem is - the runs. I know this is a side-effect of creatine, but it's hitting me fairly hard. With all that water loss I'm wondering if I'm also losing all the benefits of the creatine.

Simple question then - is there anything anyone knows of here to help offset that notably unpleasant creatine side effect? Or do I simply have to put up with it?

And am I losing the hydrating effect of creatine on muscle cells due to montezuma's revenge here? heh.

Cheers all :thumb:

No one has any ideas eh?

Come on, don't let me shrivel like a prune :D

Try skipping the loading phase and take the mainenance dose instead. Loading always screwed up my system :toilet:

take it in small doses through the day, and not on an empty stomach.
Take some glutamine with it... may help?

Originally posted by LiQUiD_FiRe
take it in small doses through the day, and not on an empty stomach.
Take some glutamine with it... may help?

Why would Glutamine help??? :confused:

it helps your intenstines and digestive system so it may help prevent irritible (me speel good!) bowels

heh, some good suggestions here. Can't really skip loading - the first time I went on creatine last year, I skipped the loading phase and saw no benefits.

THanks for your time guys, I appreciate it.

Anyone else have any ideas?

You should still see results without loading...just takes longer to get there.

Hmm.. I've never gotten the shits from creatine... ?

IML Gear Cream!
try smaller doses and more periodically throughout the day

Originally posted by topolo
i have!! try immodium ad
i would not recommend taking a drug to fight side effects of creatine

I wouldn't try a drug to counter-act it either... sounds less than ideal.

At any rate, is the loss of water going to eliminate the creatine benefits, or is it just "an unpleasant side effect"?

Considering this one has a potent GI spike included in a dose, I really don't need the simple carbs and the runs if I'm just blowing the creatine out the other end :D

Originally posted by oaktownboy
i would not recommend taking a drug to fight side effects of creatine

Anything in particular you would reccomend then?

Only thing I know to counter-act it would be drinking as much water as I lose.

I'm just concerned I'm passing the creatine out as well. Water can be replaced. Creatine is too expensive though, heh. Can't afford to waste it ;)

Take a look at this thread all on CREATINE. Your taking too much at one time. Even if you continue to experience your problem, it will go away in a few days after your system is accustomed. If you wish it to go away now, then cut the daily dose and instead of taking the entire loading dose after your workout, split it up throughout the day. READ THIS THREAD:
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24353

Thanks alot for the information - that was helpful :thumb:

Anyone else here put creatine in whey protein shakes?

I just thought that I might mix some fast-absorbing whey with my GI-spike Creatine for a little more flavour.

THis a problem while loading, or simply on maintenance?

Or shall I keep them seperate?

Cheers.
:)

Blues you can mix them but honestly protein mixed with water or milk isn't really a very good transportation system for Creatine. According to research and Twin Peaks verifying this, Dextrose (which is a sugar) makes the best transportation system. If you don't wish to buy Dextrose, The the 2nd best transport system is with a juice (sucrose). I personnally use Welches Grape juice. I read "years" ago that Welches Grape juice was the best transport so that is what I've used ever since. It has since come out about the DEXTROSE THOUGH. Dextrose is NOW, Numero Uno.

In short, you CAN take your creatine with your protein but not the best way unless your drinking your protein followed by your creatine mixed with the Dextrose or Grape juice.

Actually, the creatine I'm taking has a built-in insulin spike already. I mentioned above I believe that it actually passed GoPro's inspection.

I was merely wondering if throwing some whey in with it was ok, or if it would affect creatine uptake.

ANy idea?

Well as you just said, if your mixing the Protein with the Creatine with built in spike that is absolutely acceptabe. I do it myself! I use the SWole V.2 fruit flavor Creatine mixed with Syntrax Whey Protein Isolate (also a fruit flavor) so they mix well together and taste great alone or togther. ON the other hand I wouldn't mix a Cell-Tech (flavored) or Swole V.2 (flavored) with Designer Protein(vanilla or choclolate flavors) that would be one hell of a nasty mix expecially when I mix my Designer with low fat milk. sound curdling to me.

heh, I know what you mean. Flavour is less important than simply combining the two to make it easier to get it all down :D

Back