• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lifting weights helps to burn more calories in hours "after" we've left the gym?

Research can prove anything. I know of dozens of studies that can prove it too :D.

Statistics are wrong too. 58% of people know that.

i've always thought that it wasn't the act of lifting weights that kept you burning calories but it was increased muscle mass that upped your metabolism since muscle is active tissue.

lifting weights leads to increased muscle which leads to increased metabolism. (more calories being burned even when you're "at rest")

Originally posted by nikegurl
i've always thought that it wasn't the act of lifting weights that kept you burning calories but it was increased muscle mass that upped your metabolism since muscle is active tissue.

lifting weights leads to increased muscle which leads to increased metabolism. (more calories being burned even when you're "at rest")

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New research shows that 51% of the americans are a majority.

bullshit

i agree w nikegurl and babsie

lifting weights = increase in muscle = higher metabolism

what were these guys lifting? water bottles? :lol:

I'd like to see the study. They said "small study". If the sample size was small, you really can't make a generalization...that is the first rule of medicine. I agree, what were they lifting? What age group. How intense were the excercise. How did they measure their metabolism...etc. etc.

Back