• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ultimate Chest Shock...

plouffe

is bulking
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When you guys ( girls too :cheeky: ) feel like shocking the hell outta your chest, what do you like to do? ( i.e. setting 5-6 pins on the pec deck, each set to failure : different techniques like this ) ?

Anything seems to work fine as long as I use a combination of incline, flat, and decline with a mix of barbells and dumbells.

I'm not talking about your routine workout. Just every so often when you wanna beat the living shit out of your chest.. :thumb:

Try the 'shock' day from GoPro's P/RR/S routine. Ive given it to other people just to use as a one off thing to shock their chest, and theyve loved it.

-superset...cable crossover/incline smith press...1-2 x 8-10 reps each
-superset...incline flye/dips...1 x 8-10 reps each
-dropset...machine bench press...1 x 8-10, drop 6-8, drop 6-8 optional

Sup Plouffe---

I do flatbench. But I go from heavy to light. Like so:
135x10x1 (warmup)
265x2x1
245x4-5x1
225x6-8x1
185x8-10x1
135 to failure.

Be sure you have a spot! :)

Monolith - Sounds real nice man. I'll give it a shot.

Premier I did the same thing not to long ago and it was awsome. I had barely any rest in between sets just the time while my partner lifted and a few seconds additonal to that. My chest was so sore the next few days I couldn't believe it, I am gonna have to do it again one day.

Originally posted by DeadBolt
I had barely any rest in between sets just the time while my partner lifted and a few seconds additonal to that.

IMO, this is not a good idea.

Deadbolt-- Yea, I couldnt even push open the door to get out of the gym! :lol: I did a bit of db flys after though.

Originally posted by Vieope
IMO, this is not a good idea.

Isn't the purpose of this to "shock" the muscles, meaning give them something they dont expect? Well my pecs sure as shit didn't think that one was comin.

Premeir, yea we did a couple of other lifts afterwards because we still had some energy. On the way out the owner of the gym was like what the hell happen to you guys? We simply replied, the entire bottom half of the dumbell rack, thats what happend. LoL

Originally posted by PreMier
Why?

From MAX-OT
Contrary to what most have been led to believe, forced reps are counter productive to building muscle. They artificially fatigue the muscle, deplete muscle energy stores, and produce non-progressive overload just to name a few.

Between set recovery should last about 2 to 3 minutes. This amount of time allows the muscle to recover its intra-cellular energy stores and flush any lactate out of the muscle that's hanging around from the previous set to restore its anaerobic capacity.

Im not buying it :shrug:

The only way to "shock" the muscle is to add more weight and that is it. :)

How did I know you were gonna pull that one out. I follow a theory to that but eventually muscles adapt. The get use to what you giving them day in and day out. And don't go saying change the routine, thats not always the answer. The pec is one muscle and if it adapts to a certain point a little ass whoopin always fixes it rite up. I have been doing the low rep high wait long rest for a while and this got me out of my wall.

From MAX-OT
Contrary to what most have been led to believe, forced reps are counter productive to building muscle. They artificially fatigue the muscle, deplete muscle energy stores, and produce non-progressive overload just to name a few.

Between set recovery should last about 2 to 3 minutes. This amount of time allows the muscle to recover its intra-cellular energy stores and flush any lactate out of the muscle that's hanging around from the previous set to restore its anaerobic capacity.

1. He was doing dropsets, not forced reps/sets.

2. Youre quoting a controversial routine. Especially when youre discussing hypertrophy. With some exceptions, a 2-3 minute RI is way too long for most bodybuilding routines. I'd agree with that kind of RI if you were looking for a strength routine, but deadbolt isnt.

3. The entire point of a dropset is to have nearly no rest between sets. To 'shock' the muscle. Adding more weight is what we all do every week in the gym. It's hardly a shock, its typical.

I'd agree with that kind of RI if you were looking for a strength routine

Works perfect for hypertrophy and 2 or 3 minutes of rest it is not that long.

3. The entire point of a dropset is to have nearly no rest between sets. To 'shock' the muscle.

That is the thing, IMO there is no "shocking" the muscle.
:shrug:

You have never tried dropsets have you Vieope? ;)

Tell me something ... How do you know it worked ? Just because you feel soreness ?

Hmm... I know when I am sore it shows I did something right. Kind of a satisfaction thing. And just soreness is an understatement after one of those workouts :lol:

Tell me something ... How do you know it worked ? Just because you feel soreness ?

Wouldnt you agree that varying the exercises you do for each bodypart can 'shock' the muscle? Or that varying rest intervals can 'shock' the muscle? What about varying rep ranges?

Dropsets and supersets are just one more way to help stimulate growth. ;)

Originally posted by PreMier
Hmm... I know when I am sore it shows I did something right. Kind of a satisfaction thing. And just soreness is an understatement after one of those workouts :lol:

Confess, you are addicted to the pain.
Masochistic :grin:

Originally posted by Monolith
Wouldnt you agree that varying the exercises you do for each bodypart can 'shock' the muscle?

That is the only thing I agree in what you said. The answer is because of biomechanics, something that I don´t know nothing about. Yet :)

Confess, you are addicted to the pain.
Masochistic :grin:

Pain is good! It makes you enjoy pleasure that much more :hehe:

Biomechanics ... altering the plane of motion.. something like that is the answer for why you need to change exercises.

Flat bench: Very Slow reps X high weight
1 set, 3 reps (remember very slow up and down)
Immediatly after drop the weight to half and perform very fast reps
1 set, 8 reps

Then Run to the incline and do the same thing as above only you do the fast reps first and the heavy second.

Finish it off with as many pushups as you can do in 30 seconds.

Try it for fun :p

We used to do burnouts in my weight lifting class, but it requires at least two spotters. You put a buttload of 10s on each side and use no clamps. Lift it 5 times or so, then have someone on each side remove a 10 pound and do 5 more reps, or whatever you can do. Continue until you get down to the bar...

Back