• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Why do you believe in God ?

Vieope

Monochromatic Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am not disrespecting anyone belief. I just wanna know the reason why you believe in God. I was thinking about doing this debate in the "Lent" thread at Diet forum but there is not the place for it.

I don´t believe in the concept of God.
So, can you write a few lines about it? Thanks:)

Sorry man, The concept of god bewildered me also, Its just not logical.:shrug:

I just feel like he is there. He is not there to judge anyone, but to help us be the best people that we can be.

Though I think that when my grandmother wakes in the morning and it makes her happy thinking there is a god and there is something better than this... well thats good enough for me

I would like to believe that once we die, we are reborn somewhere else in the Universe. Constantly evolving. There would be no point in life if we ceaseed to exhist after death.
Some will say that the point is to further the human race, but I am myself, not a whole race.

I feel that the concept of God serves just an excuse because nobody knows how to handle the beautiful complexity of life.

How do you mean? You know the meaning of life?

I do------- :dance: and hes not busting a move.

Last edited:
I believe in God because......well, I simply do. There is no way I could ever prove that God exists. There have been many miracles in years past the defy science. I have faith that the bible is indeed true, and every time science tries to explain some of the miracles in a scientific manner, they cannot. Why is that?

For example....there are many Saints that are know as the incorruptibles. They died hundreds of years ago, yet the corpses have not decayed and no embalming or mummification was used on the corpse. The limbs are still moveable, and the skin still supple. Some look as if they have just died, or that they are sleeping. 400+ years and no decay? How would you explain that?

If it were one or two, you might be able to bring a case, but that isn't the case. As a matter of fact, many of these saints are on display in various churches in Italy.

That's just one point. How many would you like?

The nudge nudge wink wink ment that he was busting something else

Post it in one post buddy. Dont start whoring in here ;)

Stickboy, that is the concept of science, trial and error, discovering the misteries that lies in this world. Even today we discuss the mistery of building muscles, imagine about the mistery of decomposing bodies and advanced techniques of embalming.

No matter what anyone says, you are not going to "get it". It is a faith thing man, not a logic thing. Just do a search on the topic. This topic has been run into the ground.

not another religion thread!! BO is right, you will find many arguement on this topic and none of them have been very productive!

Vieope,

You want to know why people believe in God? I ask you, why don't YOU believe in God?

These are loaded questions because those that do believe can't answer the question to your satisfaction, just as those that don't believe cannot satisfactorily answer the question I presented, to those that do believe.

True, yes?

what would you find "satisfactly"
And there is really to many reasons to start writing them here!
just like there are to many reason some think it is real.
like they said theres no reason to even talk about this this thread should end here

IML Gear Cream!
There is no God, and the best you can ever hope for is a grave 6ft underground with worms burying in your eye sockets and eating your flesh. For 10 years after your death what family you have might take flowers to your grave and for some reason mourn that you no longer exist... but given a generation people will no longer care about what who you ever were. You'll be a statistic on a family tree... something that 200 years from now a little girl will scribble on a piece of paper and take to school as homework.

The best you can hope for is that they one day plant a condo atop the dirt that used to be your body.

;)

I have to admit though, I do find peoples lack of ability to exercise their intelligence funny... and at the same time disgusting. If everyone in the past had said "lets not talk about this, because we wont get anywhere"... we'd all be wearing animal skins and trying to figure out exactly why Ug should strike the flint on the rock.

However, I find myself in a mildy bitchy mood tonight so I'll refrain from this conversation :p

But the point of "lets not talk about it is because its all over the past threads. if we wanted to fing out how to stick two stones to gether all you have to do is run a search on Him ---> "god"

Actually, I do believe thats a topic we have not yet covered in our theological debates ;)

I think life is proof in itself.

I believe in God because I feel his pressence in my life. I feel that my life is better because I have openly accepted him into my heart and soul. It is something you either do or don't, it's not something logic can simply explain to you, but just because you "Don't" doesn't mean you shouldn't explore it. And like CAT said, God means something different to each individual. He speaks to everyone willing to listen in his/her own way.

there should be religion, true or not. it brings peace.
i dun like communits anyway.

Originally posted by moon
there should be religion, true or not. it brings peace.

are you serious?

the last thing that religeon has ever brought to humanity is peace...most wars in history, even to this day are religeous wars.

I think the only thing that brings peace in the end is Truth.

Back