• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Would it be ok to have brown

once was fat

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Would it be ok to have brown rice every night for dinner let say a 1/4 cup uncooked. Even on non work out days, or would this be a bad decesion.

Oh also black beans would these be ok for 2nd to last meal. With this whole carb craze thing going on some people say carbs are a no no after 1 or 2 o clock. These would be nice to add to say a lean steak or chicken breast with a small garden salad.

Originally posted by Vieope
Depends what time is your dinner.
dinner between 7 and 8 pm. I go to bed usually at 12:00am to 1:00am. Of course my dinner on workout days are more like 8 pm because of the time I get home from the gym.

nobody ever got fat off having 1/4 cup of brown rice, no matter what time.

IMO as long as your not trying to cut, then clean carbs like oatmeal and brown rice are okay at any time.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. Thanks guys.

So long as the carbs fit into your meal plan/caloric intake and your not overdoing it, then have the brown rice whatever time you wish.

I eat carbs based on the time of day, granted I am much stricter about this when cutting, but there is no definitive answer either way.

If you're "bulking" and you have a hard time gaining weight it would probably be necessary to eat carbs for dinner, but if you tend to gain weight easily, even when bulking this may not be a good idea.

As far as getting fat from brown rice, technically you can get fat from any type of food that puts you above your maintenance calories.

Only you can really answer this question. See how you react to it. If you find yourself putting on more BF than you'd like, you know the cause. If you're on a bulk, sure, add more carb meals to your plan, just make sure you're taking care of fat intake (keeping it at 50g at least) at the same time. Personally I orient all my carbs around training (50g pre-workout, 55g post workout, 60g post workout 2)...and about non-workout days, you know that you have to eat big on non WO days as well, right? That's when you truly grow, don't neglect rest day nutrition.

Peace.

Back