• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Could someone have a look at my workout?

MXQdRacer

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello all, I'm new to the fitness forum world, so I figured I would ask you all how my workout looks.. Thanks in advance....

Tuesday- Chest, Triceps and shoulders
Bench- 1st set 1-3 reps, 2nd set 3-5 reps, and 3rd set 5-7 reps, all while decreasing weight. Going heavy enough to where I need to be spotted on all 3 sets...
Pec Deck- 3 sets of 10, increasing weight. figured the higher reps would be good for sculpting.....
Tricep push downs..3 sets of 10, increase weight each set.
Dips- I am only up to about 3 sets of 5 after the above mentioned workout..
Dumbell press- military press with dumbells
Lateral and side raises- 3 sets of 10...
Cardio and abs to follow

Wednesday- Legs
Leg press- 3 sets of 10
Leg curls- 3 sets of 10
Leg extensions-3 sets of 10
Calf raises- 3 sets of 10
Cardio and abs to follow

Thursday- Back and Bi's
Lat pull downs- 3 sets of 10
Seated rows- 3 sets of 10
Curls on machine- 3 sets of 10
Dumbell curls 3 sets of 10
Cardio and abs to follow.....

I am 5 ft 8, 171.5 lbs with about 11.2% body fat. I am mainly trying to add mass to my chest and arms. My legs are probably my best feature as of now....I have been watching my diet pretty well.. Have a Myoplex in the morning..some PB sandwhiches around 10, a sensible lunch, another snack around 2-3, snack before gym, and then dinner.........My big downfall was the beer...Now I only drink on the weekends, so that should help considerably. I work with a couple of guys that tell me their body fat percentage is substantially higher than mine, but they look better than I do...How is this? I used the electronic type at my gym......Thanks alot for the help. If you have any suggestions of comments, please feel free!

Originally posted by MXQdRacer

I am 5 ft 8, 171.5 lbs with about 11.2% body fat. I work with a couple of guys that tell me their body fat percentage is substantially higher than mine, but they look better than I do...How is this? I used the electronic type at my gym......Thanks alot for the help. If you have any suggestions of comments, please feel free!

the electronic type at the gym is not the most accurate way to test body fat. try having the test done with calipers. eat a lot more if you are trying to gain mass.

holla!

Yea, thats what I figured....Maybe tonight I'll see if they have that type....How can I figure out what my caloric intake is supposed to be? Thanks!

Yea, thats what I figured....Maybe tonight I'll see if they have that type....How can I figure out what my caloric intake is supposed to be? Thanks!

This is very dependent on the individual. However, I have seen 18+ calories per pound is good while bulking. Something more like 15 would probably good to maintain wait. These are rough estimations, but they should give you decent guidelines until you learn your body well enough.

I actually don't monitor my caloric intake. I just make sure I eat protein, carbs, and a fruit or vegetable every 3 hours and directly before (20-30 minutes wait time) and after workouts. The only thing I mentally count is protein intake. I try to get about 40 grams of protein per meal if possible. Then I usually get at least 200 grams in a day, if not more. I also drink two 12oz glasses of water after every meal.

I Actually had my body fat taken with the calipers yesterday, and it was 13.1%......A little higher than the machine said...by about 2%.... How does the workout look to you all?

Hello all, I'm new to the fitness forum world, so I figured I would ask you all how my workout looks.. Thanks in advance....

Tuesday- Chest, Triceps and shoulders
Bench- 1st set 1-3 reps, 2nd set 3-5 reps, and 3rd set 5-7 reps, all while decreasing weight. Going heavy enough to where I need to be spotted on all 3 sets...
Pec Deck- 3 sets of 10, increasing weight. figured the higher reps would be good for sculpting.....
Tricep push downs..3 sets of 10, increase weight each set.
Dips- I am only up to about 3 sets of 5 after the above mentioned workout..
Dumbell press- military press with dumbells
Lateral and side raises- 3 sets of 10...
Cardio and abs to follow

Wednesday- Legs
Leg press- 3 sets of 10
Leg curls- 3 sets of 10
Leg extensions-3 sets of 10
Calf raises- 3 sets of 10
Cardio and abs to follow

Thursday- Back and Bi's
Lat pull downs- 3 sets of 10
Seated rows- 3 sets of 10
Curls on machine- 3 sets of 10
Dumbell curls 3 sets of 10
Cardio and abs to follow.....

I am 5 ft 8, 171.5 lbs with about 11.2% body fat. I am mainly trying to add mass to my chest and arms. My legs are probably my best feature as of now....I have been watching my diet pretty well.. Have a Myoplex in the morning..some PB sandwhiches around 10, a sensible lunch, another snack around 2-3, snack before gym, and then dinner.........My big downfall was the beer...Now I only drink on the weekends, so that should help considerably. I work with a couple of guys that tell me their body fat percentage is substantially higher than mine, but they look better than I do...How is this? I used the electronic type at my gym......Thanks alot for the help. If you have any suggestions of comments, please feel free!

why is your WO squeezed into 3 consecutive days ? I would not train legs and back on consecutive days. they are the 2 biggest bodyparts. by training legs on Wed your ATP stores will be wipped out for your back training on thursday.

At the minimum I would switch your tues and wed workouts...and 6 sets is not enough for back. most people do from 15-20 sets for back and legs...

I Actually had my body fat taken with the calipers yesterday, and it was 13.1%......A little higher than the machine said...by about 2%....

how many points did they do?

Yea, I kinda figured I was cramming LAM, but with a demanding work/school and racing schedule, it's hard to accomplish everything I need to....15-20 sets on back and legs? wow..I am very far below what I need to be doing then......

Rockcrest, they only took 3 points.......my quad, my stomach, and up near my pec.......

Back