• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

standing presses

jadakris31

jersey's here
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was doing barbell presses last week and i felt my ass start slipping foward and it hurting my back so i was going to look into doing standing barbell and dumbell presses from now on.. obviosly i will have to use a lighter weight but what do you guys think about it.... or maybe just for barbell because ive never had any pain using dumbells ... possible becuase i use alot more weight with the bar...

I absolutly LOVE standing barbell presses!!! :lifter: Awesome movement! :thumbs: I rarely do seated.

I never do my barbell presses seated and almost always do my dumbell presses standing as well (only on occasion do I do those seated).

Standing presses are my favorite, too! I didnt start doing them until I heard about possible back problems from doing them seated.

IMO, its the only way to do them.

Unfortunately, I can't do them that way. I workout at home, and the celing is really low in my weight room and I'm 6 feet tall. Also, I have no other place to do it. I prefer standing presses, but I don't mind seated presses.

Originally posted by CowPimp
Unfortunately, I can't do them that way. I workout at home, and the celing is really low in my weight room and I'm 6 feet tall.

Do them in a garage or, weather permitting, outside.

am i right that you will use alot less weight standing.... and should you spread your feet like your walking so you have more a base?

I use shoulder width stance.
as for less weight- it depends on the person I suppose. I find I have more strength on standing :shrug:

Back