• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Post Workout Shake

tyrone_40

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,

Is this a good post workout shake containing carbs and protein?

1 cup milk
1 banana
1 scoop whey protein powder

......... or will the milk slow the absorption of the whey protein?

I also need to get some carbs in for post workout. Will this drink contain enough protein/carbs for a post workout shake?

Thanks

if it is skim milk its fine IMO.
what is your current height and weight? (male I assume?)
goals?
how much protein per scoop of your whey?

Hi,

Yes i'm male 6 ft and weight is 152 lbs. I need to gain some mass though :) Is skim milk better than normal milk with whey protein.

I use Optimum's Whey protein with has 22 g per scoop. Not many choices here though.

Regards.

you don't want to use any kind of milk post workout. the caesin in the milk will hamper the digestion of the whey proteins making the drink less than optimum...

post workout use water only...

No milk...also if you are trying to bulk try a MRP with a scoop of protien in water of course.

i'd drop another scoop in that shake..unless you are having a full meal not too long after the shake.

im going to go against the popular opinion and say that skim milk is fine for post work out !! as it contains minimum fat lipids which should not interfere with the digestion process.

I go half skim, half water.

Originally posted by BigBallaGA
im going to go against the popular opinion and say that skim milk is fine for post work out !! as it contains minimum fat lipids which should not interfere with the digestion process.

for the 1,000 time...caesin interfers with the digestion of whey proteins !

If you want optimum results from your PWO shake you will use water only, end of story...

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by LAM
for the 1,000 time...caesin interfers with the digestion of whey proteins !

If you want optimum results from your PWO shake you will use water only, end of story...

ummmm NO

skim milk is 99% water
the miniscule amount of cassein and fat lipids is negligible !!!

lol !

you better do some more reading...80% of the protein in milk is casein...

do i need a PWO shake right after training or its fine if i just eat 15 mins after i finished my training?

the sooner the better...high-intensity resistance training is extremly catabolic. the more rapid the recovery, the sooner the body can begin to grow

Originally posted by nR_Kris
do i need a PWO shake right after training or its fine if i just eat 15 mins after i finished my training?

people choose whey shakes PWO because it is faster absorbing

i start downin mine during my last set

Originally posted by aztecwolf
i start downin mine during my last set
i feel all manly doin it too cause i mix vanilla whey with fruit punch gatorade and it makes it a lovely pink color similar to pepto. It's my pink power drink

Thank you guys for your replies :) I appreciate it. What else could I add with that shake to make to make it more effective?

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by tyrone_40
Thank you guys for your replies :) I appreciate it. What else could I add with that shake to make to make it more effective?

Dextrose, glutamine, and creatine.

Originally posted by aztecwolf
i feel all manly doin it too cause i mix vanilla whey with fruit punch gatorade and it makes it a lovely pink color similar to pepto. It's my pink power drink

How's that taste?! :barf:

I would add in some berries, strawberries :)

Originally posted by plouffe
How's that taste?! :barf:
actually pretty good plouffe, but i can stomach anything(tuna straight from the can, broccoli plain, and any hot pepper imaginable) so take it for what it's worth, if you mix orange gatorade powder with vanilla it kinda makes a 50/50 bar taste

Back