• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Good deal on protein

is there any validity to statements that some whey protein products are higher quality than others? is it enough of a difference to spend the extra $$?

Originally posted by animalmachine
is there any validity to statements that some whey protein products are higher quality than others? is it enough of a difference to spend the extra $$?

there is a quality difference but there is also a substantial price difference as well. therefore the neglibile quality difference does not justify the higher price

hence you should buy good quality for a good price!

Originally posted by animalmachine

it basically depends on your protein intake. for persons with a low protein intake the quality of the protein is very important. if you follow a high protien diet the quality of those protein becomes less important..

I don???t have the money to be spending on quality iso whey protein; I do not think the gains are backed up by the high price. That???s just my opinion. Maybe when I start making a six figure income I???ll change my mind. So I just look for the cheapest protein I can find. :D

That's a good deal. The closest deal I've seen is 6lbs of Whey for $20 at Costco.

Originally posted by redspy
That's a good deal. The closest deal I've seen is 6lbs of Whey for $20 at Costco.

That even better, too bad I don???t have a Costco near by all I have is a Sam???s and I have never seen protein there.

I get the big container of ON Whey for 25.00 at my gym. They give me their discount. :rocker:

Whey protein iso was the biggest waste of money. All I have to say is natural flavor tastes like the smell of dirty socks! I gagged everytime I had to down them.

Originally posted by LAM
it basically depends on your protein intake. for persons with a low protein intake the quality of the protein is very important. if you follow a high protien diet the quality of those protein becomes less important..
:scratch:

IML Gear Cream!
The quality of whey isn't as important if you're not purley depending on protein shakes as your main protien sorce, is what he's trying to say.

That is why I am confused. :) Quality is essential no matter what.

Originally posted by Vieope
That is why I am confused. :) Quality is essential no matter what.

what is your defintion of quality ?

when a company throws a higher price on a protein and calls it something like "673%" better than regular protein... how the fuck is the consumer supposed to know the difference? how can you actually gauge quality?

Originally posted by LAM
what is your defintion of quality ?
Something that is what a company claim it is. Whey is Whey, if it is not "pure" than it is not Whey. Does it make any sense? :D

IMO...high quality protein are all animal proteins and protein supplements..poor quality proteins are those derived from vegetable/plant sources

Originally posted by LAM
IMO...high quality protein are all animal proteins and protein supplements..poor quality proteins are those derived from vegetable/plant sources
Yes you are right but we can´t make whey from vegetables/plant sources. :)
IMO bad quality whey is a product that contains whey and other impurities.

Originally posted by Vieope
Yes you are right but we can´t make whey from vegetables/plant sources. :)
IMO bad quality whey is a product that contains whey and other impurities.

yes but remember that even a low grade WPC has a higher bioavailability and PUR than any other animal protein except whole eggs.

so how "low" quality are they really ? it's all relative...

go with price - of course I use ON bc I like the taste, texture, etc.

it's a good price to "quality" protein for me.

I guess the rule of thumb from most people I know is buy the cheapest whey your stomach can handle.

Just wanted lo let everyone know that it is definitely worth giving Solid Whey a try. I ordered the vanilla flavor and I like it much better than they ON 100% whey. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Costco, $19.99 for 6 pounds, no shipping. The brand is Pro-Rated, I like the chocolate but not the vanilla.

Mudge said:
Costco, $19.99 for 6 pounds, no shipping. The brand is Pro-Rated, I like the chocolate but not the vanilla.

yea the chocolate is good, but the vanilla taste like rotten ass. the addition of some natty pb does make it tolerable...

tbosley1 said:
It only has 69% protein.

for WPC that is about average...

I know most bodybuilders can tell the difference between an isolate (90%) and concentrate (80%).

The difference is carbs and fat. Sugar is added to cut the percentage.

Quality of the Whey depends on 2 major factors:

1. Quality of the Cows that deliver milk and quiality of their breed and feeding conditions, grasslands where they are fed upon. New Zealand has by far the best quality when it comes to Dairy proteins.
2. Processing conditions. type of process involved. Undenatured or Denatured? While various manufacturers boast of excellent processing conditions hardly one of them mention the source of the Dairy Ingredients Manufacturers.

Syntrax openly says that it uses Promina Whey Isolate so it has got to be the best in terms of quality. Beverly uses the best stuff out there. So does Dorian's ProPeptide and few others.

Quality of whey is just like Creatine. SKW Creapure by Degussa or Pfanstiehl Creatines are best of all while other creatines have various drawbacks.

Back