• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

leg days and back day

Charger

Pump Junky
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Heres the problem, I have three basic exercises that I do every week and how to separate them? Bench for chest, deads for back and squats for legs. I normally do Chest on Mon, Legs on Tues, Weds off, Arms/Shldrs on Thurs, and Back on Fri, Sat, Sun Off. The problem is my legs(hams) are still a little sore on fri sometimes. I should just go to back on Sat and skip Fri but I like to keep my weekends open,any other ideas?

You could try squats and deadlifts on the same day.I know quite a few powerlifters at my gym that are doing this but some people have trouble recovering from it.I know how you feel about wanting to keep your weekends open, but if lifting is more important you should take that into consideration.I follow a 6 day split that always has me training on the weekends, but I have found it to allow me the best recovery with a minimum of soreness.Here it is:
Day 1-Chest and lats
Day 2-Quadriceps and calves
Day 3-Off
Day 4-Shoulders and rhomboids
Day 5-Hamstrings,low back and calves
Day 6-Off

------------------
matt toupalik

Have you just tried switching your back and leg day? You might recover faster from deads than you do from squats.

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

I would alternate them.

One week do squats and skip the deads, next week do deads and skip the squats.

Squats and deads both stress the lower back to a great degree, doing both can be murder on the lower back.

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

Thats what I find to cack, I do squats every second week but deads every week cause they're so damn demanding.

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

I have been doing squats immdiately followed by deadlifts (same workout session) for a couple months now. It's a hella tough workout. I have not experienced any lower back problems from it. If you do this, you will experience extremely sore legs for the next couple of days, but it's a good sore.

Thanks for the ideas guys! Scott, I have been tossing around your idea but I keep thinking working upper body two days in a row is too much?? OR I may try doing them in the same day. I have been doing one body part per day per week except armsshldrs which I do light since I figure they get worked with everything else. Time has been a problem, so anyway to do a split routine may also be the way to go IF I can fit it in BackLegs Thanks again!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Back