• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Weighted Dips

Erik

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been doing weighted dips on my chest/tri day.
I perform flat barbell bench press then move on to dips.
I use what I consider quite a bit of weight and unless I do theses dips early on in the workout I am too smoked to use much weight. While I am not concerned too much with the number and size of the plate, I do want to do as much weight for those given reps as possible.
Is my thinking really flawed, or is there a better time in the routine then to do these?
10x65
8x70
6x75
4x80

I think right after the bench is a good time to do them.. It's an ass kicking exercise, if done right. Like you said if you do them later on in the routine you won't be as strong. Personally I love dips.

I have to do dips last if thier in my routine usually I do them about every 2 mths or so but overall too easy I think I did a 45 and 25 plate + add my Bodyweight so I did 235 pds in 3 set of 8... But I do agree if your tried thier an good finshing touch.

i love doing dips at the end of my workouts, it's awesome when you ask some dude if you can work in with him and he's doin them with his bodyweight and i slap on the belt + a pair of plates. I mainly do dips for triceps more so then for chest, so i usually do them on my back/triceps day

I don't know how you guys do it. At the end of a chest workout I can't even think abotu doing dips with my bodyweight, so I do flyes instead. Maybe I'm just wimpy like that. I do weighted dips on tricep day.

Peace.

As long as I keep the volume relatively low, I always do dips at the end of my chest days, using 2 sets and up to 95 lbs for 4-8 reps.

I usually finish my workouts with dips or pull ups. I like them at the end because they are harder that way.

Weighted Dips without a dip belt

Is there a way to do them without a dip belt? Or should I stop being so cheap and buy one?

rest in peace you will be remembered

Chris

have respect this should be dedicated to erik

I didnt have a question, solid10 did. I answered it. Then martin told me to have respect? I was answering solid's question, my answer had nothing to do with erik. I am fully aware of what happened, and I have followed the other thread. That, however, does not mean I cannot answer a question without getting shit.

Nuff said..

You're on a training board, Erik has his remembrance thread elsewhere. I don't see a respect issue about someone trying to get advice just cause the dude started the thread.

The_Chicken_Daddy said:
You're on a training board, Erik has his remembrance thread elsewhere. I don't see a respect issue about someone trying to get advice just cause the dude started the thread.
Thank you.

It's totally my fault, I didn't know he passed away till someone with class instant messaged me about it. In a sense this sort of keeps his memory alive, it's nice to be remembered after you pass away.

dips is one of my favorite chest exercise, i do them at the end of my chest routine after incline/flat bench, followed by DB fly and pullover.
i also do them for triceps, but i use a narrower grip and stay upright, elbows close to the side.

du510 said:
I didnt have a question, solid10 did.
Sorry du510. i was advising solid10 who dredged up this old thread, though i agree with The_Chicken_Daddy. Old threads do resurface now and again from members who may not be on the forum for one reason or another. No reason why one should ask for clarification on such threads.

IML Gear Cream!
im sorry...

I am unaware of what happened, can someone explain?

solid10 said:
Rest In Peace
Erik

How wonderful to find!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!!

**You know he's patting himself on the back for all of this, right?? :D **

Martinogdenbsx said:
rest in peace you will be remembered

Chris
Chris,
Thank you so much!!! Erik was an awesome man. I'm glad that he touched people's lives from all over the globe. Thanks again! :)

Thank you to all for remembering Erik. I don't think anyone said anything bad on this thread. I think it's fan-fucking-tastic that his thread is still playing. He rocked!

Back