• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Kettlebell/bodyweight Training VS. Machines/dumbell training

Tommyboy71

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am looking for an objective compare and contrast analysis. I'd like to know the pros and cons of each. I figure this would be the best place to find out!

I'm leaning more for the kettlebell/bodyweight techniques just because they appeal to me a bit more, but am curious to know what veterans of each think.

Thanks everyone in advance! :thumb:

Ryan

I don't know what kind of comparison you are looking for? One way uses resitance the other does not.....what more do you want to know?

Greetings P-funk,

Sorry about not being more specific. I am curious to know what differences are produced by each type of training. For example, I've read that kettlebell/bodyweight training produces more "functional" muscle strength and flexibility, and that it is good for those who are into martial arts and "combat strength". However, I have never truly done either types of training, and am curious to hear from someone who has tried both styles to see which is more productive in their opinions. By productive I am specifically looking for brute strength produced, differences in muscle structure produced, and overall satisfaction with each training types.

Bear in mind, I am fairly new to all this, so please bear with me.

Ryan

I have never used kettlebells, but I used to do purely bodyweight and endurance exercises. However, the first time I picked up a barbell I never looked back. You are not going to realize true strength gains with bodyweight exercises. You may gain a small amount of strength, but nothing especially significant. Lift big to lift bigger.

In terms of my physique, weight lifting has done wonders. I have a more rounded physique. I feel more self-confident, and I get a lot of positive comments from others.

Back