• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Biceps lagging

maxpro2

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I feel as though my biceps are not growing as much as my other body parts. Here is my routine that I am currently doin for back/biceps day - if anyone can offer advice, anyway to switch it up, or other exercises to replace these I would appreciate it.

-Wide grip pullups (3 sets)
-Lat pulldowns (3 sets)
-Seated rows or row delt machine (3 sets)
-Weighted hyperextensions (3 sets)

-Standing db bicep curls (both arms at same time) (3 sets)
-Standing cable curls or barbell curls (3 sets)
-2 or 3 other random sets (hammer, concentration curls)

Last edited:
Try doing less. Your biceps are already being hit with the first 3 exercises that you do for your back. There is no need for 8-9 direct sets immediately thereafter. Try 0-3 sets.

try training your biceps 2-3 days after training back...

LAM, how do you suggest I change my overall routine to fit your suggestion? Like what is a better way to split it up; here it is below for each day of the week.
-Back/biceps
-Chest/triceps
-Off
-Legs
-Shoulders
-Off
-Off

What split do you use if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for the help.

Mon - chest/biceps
Tues - Legs
Wed - off
Thur - shoulders/triceps
Fri - back/traps
Sat & Sun - Off

Do heavy back work with minimal bicep work. I only do one exercise for biceps.

Only one exercise? Why, that's tomfoolery and nonsense sir.

One reason is that you're doing your back & biceps on the same day which is a huge no, no.

You shouldn't be doing them on back to back days either.

Chest & biceps would be much better, & 2 days later back & triceps as you shouldn't train triceps on chest or shoulder day as your triceps play a huge part as well.

Try doing your chest, then biceps & this routine for biceps:

3 sets of standing barbell curls with the 45lb bar
3 sets of incline dumbbell hammer curls
3 sets of ez bar preacher curls

If that doesn't build your biceps then the next thing to look at is how much you're eating.

IML Gear Cream!
Johnnny said:
One reason is that you're doing your back & biceps on the same day which is a huge no, no.

Why do you spout this nonsense in every single thread? There is nothing wrong with lifting in ths manner, you just have to adjust your volume accordingly. Personally, I don't prefer this method, but there is nothing wrong with it for those who do.

CowPimp

Why do you spout this nonsense in every single thread. There is nothing wrong with lifting in ths manner, you just have to adjust your volume accordingly. Personally, I don't prefer this method, but there is nothing wrong with it for those who do.

This isn't non sense what so ever, Mudge would agree with this totally.

In fact he doesn't even do chin ups of any kind, nor would he ever do back & biceps on the same day or on back to back days.

I even read awhile back a reply from Gopro saying this was bad as well somewhere.

Your biceps will be weakend from all the pulling exercises of the rowing, so your biceps will be finished by the end of the back workout & you won't get full benefit or be able to go as heavy on biceps.

Same goes for doing back & biceps on back to back days.

If you do biceps the day before your back routine, come back day you won't be pulling as much as you possibly could.

& same goes for doing biceps the day after your back day, you won't have a full bicep routine that you could if you did them seperately.

Johnnny said:
CowPimp

This isn't non sense what so ever, Mudge would agree with this totally.

In fact he doesn't even do chin ups of any kind, nor would he ever do back & biceps on the same day or on back to back days.

I even read awhile back a reply from Gopro saying this was bad as well somewhere.

Your biceps will be weakend from all the pulling exercises of the rowing, so your biceps will be finished by the end of the back workout & you won't get full benefit or be able to go as heavy on biceps.

Same goes for doing back & biceps on back to back days.

If you do biceps the day before your back routine, come back day you won't be pulling as much as you possibly could.

& same goes for doing biceps the day after your back day, you won't have a full bicep routine that you could if you did them seperately.

I understand this. However, if hypertrophy is one's goal, then maximal weights are not necessary as long as there is progression. Changing his routine at this point would be a good idea, however, training back and biceps on the same day is not a "huge no, no."

cowpimp

I understand this. However, if hypertrophy is one's goal, then maximal weights are not necessary as long as there is progression. Changing his routine at this point would be a good idea, however, training back and biceps on the same day is not a "huge no, no."

Yes it is a no no.

You will tear down your biceps before you even have a chance to train them.

Then you go to do your biceps & you'll be overtraining your biceps.

Johnnny said:
cowpimp

Yes it is a no no.

To induce hypertrophy in your biceps, you need to tear them down. Your body then supercompensates by rebuilding the amino acids (Providing you have the proper amino acids in your system via nutrition) into contractile proteins.

You will not overtrain if you adjust the volume of your bicep routine as I stated in my first post. I suggested that he do 0-3 sets for his biceps.

Johnnny, working biceps with back is NOT a no no. Granted you may want to change it up every couple of months, but their is nothing wrong with working biceps after back.

I do it, keep my volume to a minimum, and am doing quite well.

Listening to Johnny and the ignorance he has become espoused to is a no-no.

His reasoning behind everything is, "Some dude at my gym did X activity, and the result was Y." It's called jockology.

:lol:

IML Gear Cream!
cowpimp

Johnnny, working biceps with back is NOT a no no. Granted you may want
to change it up every couple of months, but their is nothing wrong with
working biceps after back.

I do it, keep my volume to a minimum, and am doing quite well.

Fine do it, but don't go & tell others that it's okay.

Most pro's will tell you not to do it.

I'd believe the pro's over you guys any day even with their steroid use as they trained natural at one point in their lives & even steroids, you still need adequite recovery time.

Johnnny said:
Fine do it, but don't go & tell others that it's okay.

Most pro's will tell you not to do it.

I'd believe the pro's over you guys any day even with their steroid use as they trained natural at one point in their lives & even steroids, you still need adequite recovery time.

Johnnny, when I first started, and got advice from Ron Williams(Mr. Natural Olympia, and Natural Bodybuilder of the Decade). He set me up on a chest/shoulder/tricep - back/rhomboid/bicep - legs type of split. So you see.. a PRO does use this routine. Its NOT a no no.

I split my back and biceps only because of my tendons. I know a guy with over 20 inch arms relaxed, who does zero bicep training.

I do 4 sets currently and no more, works for me.

For those who haven't noticed the guy using JOHNNNNY with 4 n's is not really me as my name has 3 n's & he uses bold & large writing which is something I never do.

For those who haven't noticed the guy using JOHNNNNY with 3 n's is not really me as my name has 4 n's & he uses bold & large writing which is something I never do.

:lol:

& now he's removed his h in his name & switched his location.

Gee I bet it's Duncan or Camaro or maybe cowpimp.

Are you guys in grade 7?

You sure act that age.

& now he's removed his h in his name & switched his location.

Gee I admireDuncan or Camaro and cowpimp.

Are you guys in college?

You sure act cool.

Back