• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

too much for biceps?

michael74737

Cutting
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
weight:145
ht:5'7

Dumbell Curls 20lbs(20reps) (5x)
Dumbell Curls 25lbs (12reps) (3x)
Dumbell Curls 30lbs (6reps) (2x)
Dumbell Curls 35lb (4reps) (2x)

Hammer lifts 20lbs (15reps)(4x)
Hammer lifts 25lbs (12 reps)(3x)
Hammer lifts 30lbs (5 reps)(1x)

Barbell Curl 35lbs (18reps)(2x)
Barbell Curl 40lbs (12reps)(2x)
Barbell Curl 45lbs (8reps)(2x)
Barbell Curl 50lbs (6reps)(1x)
Barbell Curl 55lbs (5reps)(1x)

That takes about 50-60minutes. When I do biceps I also do triceps the same day, I usualy work on tricpes for about 45mins first then I move one.

Looks good...keep puming

add a few more sets...try some high intensity stuff..supersets, dropsets, rest pause, statics.

Add 8 sets of reverse grip barbell curls
finish off with some seated incline alt curls 10 sets

keep pumping

do you feel the burn??

50-60 minutes for one body part is absolutely redicoulous. most of us here can train 2-3 different body parts in an hour or less...

you are doing way to many sets for such a small muscle as the biceps...

LAM said:
50-60 minutes for one body part is absolutely redicoulous. most of us here can train 2-3 different body parts in an hour or less...

you are doing way to many sets for such a small muscle as the biceps...
yep hes right

I would say anywhere from 0-6 sets is appropriate for the biceps. I am doing 4 sets for my biceps right now; two of those sets are CG chinups.

CowPimp said:
I would say anywhere from 0-6 sets is appropriate for the biceps. I am doing 4 sets for my biceps right now; two of those sets are CG chinups.
what 6 sets? I dont know htat sounds too little.

michael74737 said:
what 6 sets? I dont know htat sounds too little.

Yeah, it is going to sound weird at first. Think about it though. Why would a muscle group as small as the biceps need just as much, or more work, than a muscle as large the quadriceps? It doesn't.

In addition, if you are doing a lot of compound exercises that involve the biceps, then they are getting plenty of peripheral work. Various back exercises use the biceps very heavily. In fact, you don't necessarily have to directly work the biceps to see results.

michael74737 said:

That takes about 50-60minutes. When I do biceps I also do triceps the same day, I usualy work on tricpes for about 45mins first then I move one.
Don't listen to them!!!...They are the lazy crazy bodybuilders.

Try this biceps routine .

8 sets barbell curls
8 sets wide grip barbell curls
8 sets hammer curls
8 sets seated alt curls
8 sets reversed grip barbell curls

i do 12-15 sets for my biceps and i usually finish it within 35 minutes.

IML Gear Cream!
I only do roughly 6 sets for bi's and I feel I could probably get away with 4. You don't need to many sets for bi's b/c they are such a small muscle group as well as they get hit elsewhere with rowing movements.

Ahhhnold: Are you nuts? Who the hell does that many sets for bi's? I don't do that many sets in a month let alone in one session. By the time you half way through that routine you hve nothing else, not to mention it would take forever. I would not suggest that routine for anyone.

12 sets for biceps with all those reps are way too much.

Biceps shouldn't take 1hr, biceps should only take at most 15-20mins.

3 sets of standing barbell curls
3 sets of seated hammer curls
3 sets of preacher curls

This is plenty enough for biceps, some ppl only do 2 exercises totaling 6 sets for biceps.

But no more than 9 sets for biceps.

at 5'7, 145lbs, why worry about training arms? train heavy compund lifts. I do very little direct arm work myself and then still grow.

I do five sets of five for my biceps and it's been working.

I tend to get ignored becaue I am a woman, but I will give my 2 cents anyway since you asked.
I do 3 exercises with 3 sets each, sometimes I keep it down to 2 exercises with 3 sets. Just remember form is so important.:thumb:

Jeanie said:
I tend to get ignored becaue I am a woman, but I will give my 2 cents anyway since you asked.
I do 3 exercises with 3 sets each, sometimes I keep it down to 2 exercises with 3 sets. Just remember form is so important.:thumb:
:thumb: Good Post!

form is everything, especially on bicep curls :D
"cheating principle" and forced rep should only be applied in the last rep.

cheating principle is fine on the last few heavy sets (i think ahhhnold would deffinatly agree)

man that biceps routine (ahhhnolds) is crazzzzzy stuff! thing is, it DOSE work...!

....just not for 99% of natural genetically average humans lol

for me i find that 3 x 3 (exercises and sets) is sufficient, but every now and again i will do supersets of *standing bb curls* followed by *seated d/b curls*

the pump is awesome! viens poppin right out! after 5 sets of that (so 10 in total) i can barely lift my arm up, you guys gotta try that sometime!

yeah I also like his "shock principle", 30 sets virtually non stop standing barbell curls, oh the pump...the pain... :D shock your muscle into new growth and improve vascularity. give it a try once every 2-3 months. :thumb:

michael74737 said:

Well! Well! Well! I must say u r overtraining dude. I do about 8 to 10 sets on my bi's.

IML Gear Cream!
way too much

Wow.

Thats more than I do in a month!

Back