• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pre-shelling eggs?

luke77

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys,
I'm at school, living on campus, and I don't have a car, so I'm pretty much limited to food on campus. There's this little mini-mart place on campus, and they sell eggs, but sometimes they'll have a bunch, and sometimes they'll go a week without stocking any. My mini fridge is pretty packed as it is, and I can't really fit more than a dozen at a time in there. So my question is, if I buy a ton of eggs and crack them to get only the whites, can I store the whites in like a tupperware container in my fridge? Will they keep this way, or do egg whites go bad pretty quick if they are removed from the shell? I know egg substitute keeps for a long time and that's made out of egg whites, but I'm thinking that it is pasteurized or something. Does anyone know how long plain egg whites keep for?

Thanks,
Luke

luke77 said:
So my question is, if I buy a ton of eggs and crack them to get only the whites, can I store the whites in like a tupperware container in my fridge? Will they keep this way, or do egg whites go bad pretty quick if they are removed from the shell? I know egg substitute keeps for a long time and that's made out of egg whites, but I'm thinking that it is pasteurized or something. Does anyone know how long plain egg whites keep for?

Thanks,
Luke
They will usually store for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container (just be careful with them and make sure they are in a cold part of the fridge). You can also freeze them (for a few months it seems...).

(link here if you are interested: http://ag.udel.edu/extension/Information/fnf/fnf-09.htm ).

If you wanted them to keep for a little longer (about 5-7 days) then hard-boil them first, then peel and store as cooked whites (in an air-tight container).

Back