• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Help!! 10km Run Coming Up! Need Some Serious Advice.

Rockz

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok,

I have a community 10k run. I got suckered into it :(. Anyways, I'm not the most athletic person but people have told me to train.

So I wanted to know: What should I be eating? Grocery list perhaps? Also, what are the best ways to train your running skill... so I can go for a longer distance.

ANY info is much appreciated!
Thanks,

Start running now for practice. 10k is a long run..

I'd suggest cutting out fast food though :D If you're eating some.

They are right - 10k isn't far enough to really have to worry about nutrition during the run. If it's done right then they will have water/gatorade stations on the course - make one stop and you should be fine. Make sure the night before you carb up with a larger carb heavy meal than usual (but only by maybe 200 calories - don't stuff yourself) for full glycogen stores. The morning of the race you can eat 200-300 calories of quick carbs as long as it's at least 3 hours before race time. Don't eat anything with protein the morning of, or it will cause cramps most likely.

As for training, start running. Go up week to week gradually aiming for 3 runs per week, one of which should be a longer run than the others. By the race you should know you can complete 10km. Therefore a typical week might be two 3 km runs and one longer 7km run. Make sure you run within your target HR zone of 60-85% of your max for your longer runs - it should be fairly easy effort. Taper the week of the race.

Feel free to PM for advice.

Back